Stupid Girls Ch. 10

Hey All!

I finished the next part a couple of mintues ago. Since it's the next day I thought I'd post it now. Enjoy!

If you have ANY ideas or things that can be changed like characters or bits of the story please don't hesitate to comment... or vote =]

_____________________________________________________________

Part 10-

I had spent the last week sulking. Sarah and Lucy didn't like it. Well, neither did I. I had really liked Declan, but stupid Dan had gotten in the way of that. He always does. I swear every time I get involved with this stupid SOB something bad happens in my life. I should thank Lucy and Sarah everyday for getting him out of my system. But for some reason Dan keeps wanting me. Why can't he move onto someone else?

I would see Declan walking down the halls. I wanted to talk to him, I'd smile. But he completely ignored me. He even pushed past me when I tried to corner him. It wasn't fair, I didn't do anything. Well I guess it looked like I did something, but stupid Dan.. I swear Dan could try all he wanted to bug the crap out of me. I refuse to fall for it. I want Declan back.

"Bex, you need to get out of your slump. This is starting to get annoying. It's one guy."

"One guy that had a thing for me. One guy that treated me like I finally should've been treated. One guy? Yeahh... I really liked him. He wasn't just one guy to me. He was more than that!" I hit my head onto the table.

"I'm sorry Bex, but Lucy's right. There will be others baby." Sarah sat down next to me at the lunch table and hugged me while stroking my hair. Lucy sat on my other side and hugged me too. They're right. I was being a horrible friend, and acting like an idiot.

"I'm sorry guys, I know I know. I've been a jerk. You're right, you know me really well..." Of course Declan would walk by right now. Just as I was making some kind of progress. He held his lunch in his hand. Wow wasn't he cute. He flipped his hair as he sat with Taylor.

Wait... hold up. He's sitting with Taylor? Ugh as if my problems couldn't get any worse. Sarcasm. As he sat down she kissed him on the cheek. Lucy rubbed my shoulder,

"You knew it would happen eventually. He's hot and she wanted him. She gets what she wants."

"Yeah okay. I just didn't think it would happen this soon." I got up from the table and threw my food away. I wasn't hungry anymore. I unfortunately had to walk by the table in order to get to my next class.

"So Tay I was wondering, do you want to go to the homecoming ball. With me?"

Holy shit. He just asked her to the homecoming ball. I think I'm going to throw up.

I now started into a sprint to the bathroom. I threw my purse down and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red. I hadn't noticed I was crying. How could a boy I barely knew do this to me? Break my heart into a million pieces and stepped on my heart. Oh wait, a boy has done this to me before. I grabbed my purse off the ground, there was nothing I could do about it so why bother crying. As I was walking towards the door Taylor, and her beta, Hayley walked in.

"I can't believe he asked you to The Ball, Tay!! A soccer player going with you! Everyone's going to be jealous now."

"More jealous than they already should be."

I don't know why I stuck around for this conversation, when I realized I had been standing like a statue. I turned to run out the door.

"Becca, I didn't see you in here." Shoot. Why me?

"Taylor, I gotta go." I opened the door.

"I hate to have my boy straying away from me. So I understand what you're going through."

"Yeah I bet you do."

"Don't be smart with me, Becca. I'm trying to help you!"

"Help me? Yeah right. Go to hell, Taylor."

I had to get out of there. I can't believe she would do that to me. I swear every time she does something like a complete b*tch. Now she's making it worse for me. Great.

The rest of the day was... uneventful. I saw Declan in the hallway, wanted to cry, walked to my car saw his car, wanted to cry. Seems like crying has taken over my life. I really didn't even want to go to practice today, or ever. Coach MacDonald reminded me of him. It hurt too much to ask him to stop coaching me. Or to say anything to him in that case.

Another week went by, the homecoming ball was in a couple of days. I had been in better spirits, or at least pretended. My closest friends sort of noticed, but no one else did. Taylor flipped out over going to the Homecoming Ball with the hottest guy in school at least once a day. Whoop de doo. Everyone knew she would eventually so why is it such a surprise. It seemed like everyone had been asked to the dance by now. Obviously Matt asked Sarah, he left a cute note and a Rose in her locker. The day after, Seán left a trail for Lucy until it lead up to a sign over the soccer field asking her to the dance. It was adorable. Two other girls and I seemed to be the only ones left that had not gotten dates to the dance. Those two other girls? Dating each other.

I had been on my own, since no one wants to hang out with a Debbie Downer. As I was sitting at Lunch with my friends, Peter Hayworth walked over. Peter was the star of the football team. All state quarterback as a junior and now as a senior, which was pretty impressive around California. That pretty much meant he was good. He also was a motocross rider in his spare time. I saw him around the track with some of his friends I ride with once in a while. He's a cool guy that everyone likes. Captain of the football team is my friend, pretty cool, right?

"Hey Bex!"

"Hi Peter! How are you? Haven't seen you round the track in a while. Did our race scare you off?"

"Always. You're a pretty scary rider. I hate to be beaten by a girl." He laughed. I laughed along with him. I barely noticed how attractive he is anymore since I've known him so long.

"Ha. I'll take that as a compliment."

"It is. Hey can I ask you something?" I'll pretend that comment didn't hurt a little.

"Sure Pete, anything."

"Will you go to the Homecoming ball with me? I know it's super late but I wasn't sure if you with that guy."

"Aw Peteee, that's soo sweet! Of course I'll go!" He hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks Bex. It'll help a ton."

"Of course! Anything for you."

"I'll call you later Bex."

Some might find that 'It'll help a ton' confusing. I'll clarify, Pete is gay. A lot of people don't know yet, and he doesn't like talking about it. He's been one of my really good friends and I go to dances with him so I can avoid Dan and he can avoid the rumors. That's how we met the first time and even though the first time we were using each other, we've become fast friends. He's such a sweet guy.

I got up from lunch as the bell rang. I was so glad I got a date to the dance. I can finally wear that dress that Lucy and I found over the summer during our trip to New York City. Our dresses were pretty different but they looked adorable together. We were so happy with how they looked on us we bought them in July. Yeah we're cool. As I threw the trash away I looked at Taylor's table. I felt pretty confident, now. Declan was staring at me, he looked pissed off.

Who knew guys could be so bipolar. I guess I'm back in the game

=]]]]

xoxox