Meet the Parents. Ch. 8

Part 8-

It was weird to see Declan's car following me down my driveway. I can't believe he talked me into allowing him to come over for dessert. It doesn't seem right at all. He doesn't want to meet my parents. He's known me for, what, three days?

I pulled into my garage and walked around to the front to meet him by his car.

"Are you sure you're ready to go in there?"

"Never ready, but for you anything."

Awwww. My heart skipped a beat. Well if he insists...

We walked through the front door and I could smell the peaches. My favorite. Mom knew that.

"Hey Mom I'm home!"

I think mom basically ran from the kitchen.

"Well hello doll, you must be Declan." Mom gave him a hug. "It's very nice to meet you young man."

Declan looked shocked, guess he wasn't prepared for my mother to have an accent. No one ever is.

"Is he here?"

Dad... typical.

"Yes Dad, we're here."

"Oh hello Bex, Declan." He got very serious as he shook his hand, "I hear you're new to the neighborhood. Welcome."

"Thank you Sir, Ma'am."

What a gentleman calling them by such formal names.

"Alright before this gets any more awkward... Mom do you need help serving the ice cream?"

"Sure sweetie."

I followed Mom into the kitchen, now feeling bad that I had left Declan with my Dad. Never a good sign.

The peach ice cream looked as delicious as it smelled. I sprinkled graham cracker crust over the ice cream. I always did that so it seemed like a Peach Pie. Also a favorite of mine. Right next to Strawberry-Rhubarb of course.

I held the door for Mom and we carried the bowls of Ice Cream into the living room. There was a pretty decent sized TV on the wall above the fire place. Dad and Declan were watching some sort of game on the two couches facing the TV... was it baseball? Of course. Only boys could bond over a sporting game.

"Nice to see you've settled down, dear." Mom sat down next to Dad and handed him his bowl. I sat on the couch next to Declan and handed him his bowl.

"Thank you Ace."

"Bex, you told him about 'cross?"

"I love how everyone thinks it's such a big secret. Yes Dad, actually his Uncle is Coach MacDonald."

"Ironic."

"I know Dad, I know."

"I never thought of Uncle Mac as a prick. By the way this ice cream is delicious Mrs. Huntington. Thank you very much. The graham cracker is a nice touch."

"Actually that's Becca's idea. She used to take boxes of graham crackers from the shelf when she was little and break the little crackers into her ice cream."

"Thanks Mom for that great tale. You gonna show him baby pictures, too?"

Everyone laughed, though I didn't really mean for it to be funny. But watching Declan laugh and get along with my parents was pretty great.

"Well thank you again Mr. and Mrs. Huntington for a great evening."

"Come back again soon, Declan."

"Yes of course Mrs. Huntington."

"I'll walk you out."

As Declan and I walked out the front door I realized the evening had gone pretty well. I didn't expect my parents to be that cool or him to be so kind and nice to them as well. I barely noticed when he said, "See? That wasn't that bad. Your parents are great."

"Ha. Thanks. They were on their best behavior tonight, you should see them normally."

He laughed. After the laughter faded, we had just kind of stood there... awkwardly.

"Do you mind if..."

He stopped mid sentence.

"Mind if what?"

"Well this is quite embarrassing..."

He took a step closer to me. I think I see what's about to happen here.. Declan then proceeded to step within inches of me. I could feel the heat from his body the closer he got to me. His hand gently rested on my cheek, his other went around my waist. He lowered his head to mine slowly, but then finally our lips touched. It was literally like fireworks to kiss him. I felt so many emotions rushing though me at once. I put my arms around his neck to get closer. Our kiss became more passionate until all of a sudden he drew away.

"I really must be going. I'm sorry Ace."

"No, no it's.... okay really. I'll umm see you tomorrow."

"Yeah yeah," he coughed, "of course."

With one fluid movement he kissed me on the cheek and got into his car. I waved to him as he drove off into the palm trees.

Who Knew that I would get kissed like that?

R/N

I hope you guys liked this chapter!! Sorry it's so short, but the next one will be longer. And it'll be full of drama! Get excited!!

=]]

Your Alternative Girl,

Bex

PS VOTE/COMMENT!!! xoxox