We're Falling Apart at Halftime Ch. 12

Hey All,

Hope you enjoy it! WARNING It's about to get pretty adorable =]]] Enjoy!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Part 12-

"May I cut in?"

I turned around and stared. And guess who I saw? Declan. When did he start suddenly caring?

"Be my guest." Pete winked at me and walked off. So I guess I'm on my own here.

"I thought we weren't speaking."

"Well you were mistaken. Did I mention how absolutely gorgeous you look tonight??"

"I wasn't mistaken when I tried to explain this... This situation." Alright that came out kind of mean. But he deserved it.

There was an awkward silence.

"Lucy came to my house the other day."

"She did??" I didn't mean for that to be said out loud.

"She told me all about that guy and what a jackass he is. Pardon my French."

"Your French is excused. That's the best way to describe him." So Lucy told him all about it. I owe her one.

"I didn't believe it when I saw you kiss him."

"I didn't believe it when he kissed me."

More awkward silence. We were still slow dancing. Some other slow song came on. I really stopped paying attention to anything but him.

"I guess I owe you an apology." Yeah he guesses.

"You guess?? You sure as hell better do more than guess."

"I do owe you an apology. And I don't guess that at all. I know that, really. I am deeply sorry for not coming to your defense."

"Yeah... Well... It's not like I did that on purpose. It wasn't fair to me that I lost you like that."

"You like me that much?"

"Well yeah I guess."

"You're blushing."

"Don't get a big head smart guy."

Dancing with Declan was more enjoyable now. His expression was smug. I had just admitted to liking him. Wow, this has moved pretty freaking fast. I never expected this. Who knows, I might even love him. This is moving so fast! I can't even believe it.

"Haha so what's your relationship with Pete?"

"My friendship?"

"You're not with him? The two of you are pretty close."

"Don't tell anyone but he's my gay best friend. See you should stop making assumptions. Do we need to have an intervention?"

"I know I know. I'm really sorry about that."

"Well aren't you the king of apologies."

More awkward silence.

"You know I really missed you these past couple of weeks." At least I wasn't the only one.

"Same."

"So... Can we start over? Before I was a creepy stalker and a complete jerk."

"Haha sure. Hello creepy stalker. I'm Bex."

"Not that far, you're still Ace to me."

"No problem here."

He leaned me over and dipped me. And pulled me back up and hugged me closer. Haven't Met You Yet was playing over the loud speakers. This song always made my day.

"I want to do something else too."

"You're a bit greedy tonight aren't you?"

"So I am. But I believe you might be a bit happy with this one."

He stared into my eyes. Ooh I know where this is going. I'm completely okay with this. Suddenly his lips were on mine. Fireworks. Pure real loud fireworks. I know we both felt the fireworks because he pulled me closer. Wow can he kiss or what?

I couldn't breathe anymore so I had to pull away. I really didn't want to. We both stared into each others eyes as we caught our breath. He laughed.

"Look over there."

"What?"

I looked over to where he nodded. Pete was smiling pretty wide and looked to his right. As I followed his line of sight I saw The Crew. Taylor's mouth was dropped open. She was without a doubt pissed off. And I couldn't be happier. She stomped her foot and ran off.

I laughed and looked back at Declan. He was smiling like he was before.

"You're pretty smug aren't you?"

"I'm not going to lie. I am."

He was so smug, and so attrative. I had just remembered she had kissed him on the cheek a couple of days before.

"So what about Taylor?"

"What about her?"

"You're not the only one who seems to be making assumptions."

"She and I are nothing. She only thinks were something. Plus I figured hanging out with her would make you jealous."

"Well you were right. I was jealous"

"Well don't worry about it."

"Why...."

All of a sudden there was a scream. Like a piercing scream.

"HELP!!! SOMEONE CALL 911!"

That sounded a lot like Lucy. Declan and I ran over to where Lucy sounded to be. As we broke through the crowd I saw Lucy leaning over someone.

Sean. Shaking. On the ground.

Who knew?

______________________________________________________________________________

xoxox

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I thought it was adorable