Chapter Fourty-One

I slowly opened my eyes, as a bright light glared through the hotel curtains. I sat up and glimpsed around, taking in my surroundings. I was in my own bed, but I fell asleep on the sofa? Louis walked into the room and smiled when he saw me awake.

"Morning beautiful." I beamed at him as I rubbed my eyes.

"How did I get here?"

"I carried you of course. I didn't want to wake you." He smiled some more.

"Aww, I love you!"

"I love you too!"

He pulled me out of bed and into a hug; I gazed at picturesque scenery, through the window.

"It's a shame, we have to leave today."

"We don't have to leave till five o'clock!"

"Fancy a road trip?"

"What kind of road trip?" Lou asked curiously...

The car door swung open and we all jumped out onto the sandy beach. Lou grinned as the others ran straight into the sea. He held my hand and turned to face me.

"This is the first place, we met." I blushed slowly.

"I know, I can't even imagine life without you now."

He ran his fingers through his silky hair.

"I know, but hopefully I won't have too. Come on!"

He pulled me towards the sea, as he stopped abruptly.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I threw my shorts and top off, revealing my bikini (with no stripes this time). He looked down shyly.

"Nothing..." He ran into the sea and placed a fake smile on. I ran through the cold water up to him.

"Aren't you taking your top off, you'll get it wet?"

"I don't mind."

"Babe, it's your favourite top!" His face dropped and he looked like he was about to cry.

"What's wrong?" He sighed and took my hand as we sat down in the sand.

"It's my scar...I don't want other people to see it...I'm hideous!"

A small tear rolled down his face. I wiped it away and kissed him on his cheek.

"You are not hideous Louis Tomlinson, to me, you're beautiful!"

He looked up and gave me a weak smile.

"May I have a look?" He nodded and slowly lifted up his shirt. There by his side was a small scar, which was barely visible. I placed his top down.

"Lou, don't worry about it. You should be proud, you're a hero. I don't know many people that took a knife, for their girlfriend. Please, don't worry about it!"

He smiled slowly and pulled his top off. He stared at my bikini and smiled.

"You look...wow!" I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Come on!" I screamed as we ran into the sea and dived in, splashing Niall and his ice cream on the way. Liam was with Zayn, teaching him to swim but Zayn didn't want to get his hair wet! Harry was asleep in the sand.

After a while of splashing Nialler, we moved on to Harry. We crept around him and began to bury him. Before we knew it, he was buried with a mermaid's body...'nice'!

Then, the boys ran back into the sea. I decided to sun bathe and to try and gain any sort of decent tan but as usual I didn't even turn half a shade lighter. Harry began to stir, and he was not impressed. We all ran over to him to dig him out, which took ages! I looked at my watch and realised that we only had two hours left! Soon it would be dark, and we would have to go home!