Chapter One

Three large bangs on my hotel room door awoke me.

"Paige, come on the boys are waiting for you."

I stared at my alarm clock, noticing that I was twenty minutes late!

I am a hair and makeup artist, who works alongside Lou Teasedale.

This week I am in California shooting a music video with One Direction.

I'm going to be honest, I don't have a clue who they are. I've always wanted to be a singer, but my mother was a stylist and I suppose it just runs in the family.

The banging on the door erupts again.

"I'm coming!! Give me about five minutes." My morning voice tried to shout.

I hastily pulled on a pastel blue dress, with some cream sandals. I shoved my hair up in a messy bun, panicking at how late I was. Hurriedly, I put on some eyeliner, mascara and foundation. Grabbing my bag, I ran out of the hotel and into the first dressing room.

In the corner I heard some laughing and talking. Slowly five teenage boys turned to me and smiled. Then one of them, with brown curly hair, (who I will admit was very cute) approached me.

"Hiya love, are you lost?" His voice was deep and charming.

"No, I don't think so - are you One Direction?" I questioned.

"Yes, my name is Harry, haven't you heard of me?" He looked a little confused.

"No, erm sorry." I pulled out a chair by the landscaped mirror.

"Would you like to go first?" I smiled.

Then a look of realisation hit his face.

"Oh, you're our stylist oh sorry I though you where one of the models?"

I blushed at his sad attempt of flirting.

"Ok - 'what ever you say'". I laughed slowly to myself.

"We should practice!" A small shy voice came from one of them. He had amazing cheekbones and literally looked like an Italian model.

"Great idea Zayn!"

One of the boys with a strong Yorkshire accent and striped clothing approached him, as the others followed behind.

"You don't know-oh oh!" They all began to join in singing as I looked around awkwardly.

"You don't know you're beautiful! That's what makes you beautiful!"

Their voices were beautiful and harmonising, I could see now why they were so popular!

"Urm wow that was amazing!" I couldn't help but comment.

They smiled victoriously to themselves and Harry sat down in the pulled out chair. The other boys approached me, the loudest of them was clearly evident.

"Hello love, I'm Louis."

"Hi, I'm Paige." I smiled up at him, stopping doing Harry's hair for a minute..

"And this is Liam, Niall and Zayn." He pointed at them.

"Hi". They all murmured and waved at me awkwardly. One of them had an irish accent (cute!)

I started to powder Harry's face as he scrunched his nose up, obviously not liking this new experience. I laughed and he looked up confused.

"I want to go to Nando's! You guys have no idea now hungry I am."

"But Niall, you've just eaten!" Liam, obviously the sensible one was trying to calm Niall down.

"I didn't just eat, I ate like ten minutes ago!"

"Boys come and say hi to Waliyah it's her birthday." Zayn seemed to be on Skype.

"Zayn, in a minute mate, we need to get ready!" Louis said looking relaxed and obviously used to these situations.

"Niall, I tell you what, if you get through this shoot we'll all go out tonight for dinner." Louis smiled, reasoning with him.

I finished Harry's make up, laughing at his one liner flirting jokes.

"Thanks babe." He said after winking and walking off.

"Harry, it's funny how you where the first to get ready today. Usually you're the last one."

"Lou, c'mon isn't it obvious? She's stunning." Louis smiled and placed an arm around Harry - whispering something into his ear as he chuckled.

I coughed loudly as they all turned around to see me standing right behind them. They looked embarassed except for Niall who was to busy eating some chicken wings of a snack cart.

Louis stepped into the chair as an assistant stylist started on Zayn. I could see him telling her exactly how he wanted his hair.

"Liam I'm hungry!"

"Niall, come on, give me a break here. You're literally eating as you speak."

I just shook my head amusingly, whilst listening to their conversation. They where much more down to earth than some other celebrities I had styled... That's for sure.