Last Chapter

"Lia, is that you?" A woman around her 50s suddenly walks through the open door, followed by a man,around the same age as her. I look at the woman, and my eyes widen, she resembles me. The same eyes , mouth and cheeks.

  I want to open my mouth to speak but realise that I am still wrapped in an embrace.

  "Urm...You can let me go now.." the guy quickly lets go of me, looking embarrass but after a moment his head quickly snaps back up, " Sis...you don't seem to recognize me, I'm your bro remember? And these two are our parents." He gestured to the woman and man who have tears in their eyes.

  "I lost my memory, I can't remember anything..." I stuttered, tears start to form in my own eyes too.

  "Urm, maybe we should sit down and talk, haha...Sorry to interrupt..." Rei says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. I forgot that he was there for a moment.

***

  "Lia, we've searched all over for you  but we just could not find you." The woman starts speaking. We are sitting at the dining table with Rei and me on one side and the others on the other side of the table.

  "Tell... Tell me how you lost me." I say. This time, the man, who is my father speaks up for the first time, " That day, you were in the house alone as your mother and I were out visiting a relative while your brother was out with his friends. By the time we came back, you were gone. The whole house was in a mess. The curtain was torn apart, the tables, chairs, all overturned. We were very worried. We tried everything we could to find you including calling the police."

  I speak up, " when I woke up, I was in a dark room with a man. I think I was kidnapped by him but I managed to escape and Rei let me stay with him." I point to Rei.

  "Rei, thank you so much for letting my daughter stay here. I would not know what would happen if you did not help her." The woman, which is my mother starts to tear up again. Out of instinct, I reached over and swipe away her tears with my thumb. She looks shock but eventually smiles. I give her a gentle smile.

  "Sis, we all miss you. Luckily there was someone who informed us that they saw you here, if not we would never have found you."

  After a long chat about my school life, friends and other stuff, my family had to go, but they said that they would visit me soon and that I could visit them  anytime I want.

  My mother wraps me in a tight embrace," remember to call me, and cherish him."

  "What?" I throw her a questioning look.

  She laughs and nods her head towards Rei. I look down and blush a deep crimson red.

  She smiled and turn around to leave with the rest. I hesitate for  a moment before shouting out , "Mom, dad ,bro! I promise to try my best to regain my memories!"

  They all turn around, surprise d at what I said and smiled.

  I promise.

***

  "Your family is quite an interesting bunch!" Rei laughs, as he hangs up the phone a few days later. Apparently, Rei has gotten quite close with my family and has been talking to them through the phone.

  "Wah... You like my family more than me?" I jokingly say.

  "Someone seems jealous." Rei grins.

  I pretend to be angry and walk away.

  "Come here princess." I turn to see Rei open his arms to me.

  I smile and run towards him,knocking him down on the bed. I giggle and he wraps me with his arms. I rest my head on his chest.

  "Thank you, for everything." I say.

  Rei wraps his arms tighter around me.

Date: 3 Nov 2017