Chapter 16: "Princess"

"Okay, so I want yall to gather in your small groups and sing One Direction's 'Strong'. Pick out the best singer in your group and he/she will versus other groups." Mr Lee, our music teacher says. Everyone immediately turns around and begin discussing in their groups.

  "Okay, so we will take turns to sing individually and pick out the best singer in our group." May, our group leader says.

  Everyone nods their head, everyone except me. Maybe I should have just been late for class. I mentally facepalm myself. I can't believe I evem rushed to class. I look over to Rei and Risa whom was having a discussion in their own groups. I left them behind laughing at their own jomes and walked to class first eatlier today. I roll my eyes at the thought of them laughing thier asses off.

  "Lia." I snap out of my thoughts and look over to May, " Get ready, you are the next person to sing." Oh shit, I have a fear of singing in front of people. Don't ask me why. I can't remember anything. Maybe something happened in the past, I don't know.

  Once the person beside me finish singing, all eyes turn to me. Okay, this is awkward. I feel my hands grow clammy. I just sit there, my mouth shut.

  "Lia, hurry up, we don't have much time left." May says.

  I can't pull the whole group down. I take a deep breath, close my eyes and start to sing:

  "My hands. Your hands.
   Tight up like two ships.
   Drifting. Weightless.
  Waves try to break it.
   I'd do anything to save it.
  Why is it so hard to save it?"

  I open my eyes just to see everyone staring at me with wide eyes. "What?" I say.

  "Woah.... Lia, you can sing so well. I think we should pick you as our representitive." May looks at the whole group. Everyone is nodding their heads.

  "Okay, 15 minutes is over, i assume allof you have chosen your representitives. The representitive for Risa's group, please step out and sing in front of the class." Mr Lee says.

  Hailey stands up and moves to stand in front of the whole class. She starts to sing. She has a nice and melodious voice. Once she stops singing, the whole class applauds.

  One by one, all the representitives come up to sing and soon, it is my turn.

  I stand up and walk slowly to the front. My legs feel so heavy with each step. I run my sweating palms on my clothes. My stomach feels weak. I look atound and see Rei looking at me with eyes that say 'you can do it.' He gives me a smile. I sigh and open my mouth.

  Everyone starts to cheer and applaud when I finish singing. Relief wash over me.

  "I think we all know who is the winner." Mr Lee smiles and looks over to me, "good job Lia." I smile and start to walk back to my spot on the floor.

  "Hold on Lia, I want to do an experiment. Anyone in this class knows how to play the cajon? I want the person to play the cajon while Lia sings. It's just to experiment how it sounds like."

  "Me!" I turn to the voice and look at Rei excitedly stand up and carry the cajon from the side of the music room and place it beside me.

  I look at him with a 'what the heck' look and roll my eyes. Rei just ignores me and sits on the cajon, preparing to play it.

  "Okay, both of you can start anytime you are ready." Mr Lee says.

  Rei starts to beat the cajon in the rhythm of 1n 2n 3 4.

  I start to sing:

  "My hands. Your hands.
   Tight up like two ships.
   Drifting. Weightless.
   Waves try to break it.
   I'd do anything to save it.
   Why is it so hard to save it?

    My heart. Your heart.
    Sit tight like lookends.
   Pages between us.
   Written with no end.
   So many words we're not saying.
   Don't wanna wait till its gone.
   You make me strong.

   I'm sorry if I say I need you.
   But I don't care,
   I'm not scared of love~~
   Cause when I'm not with you,
   I'm weakened.
   Is that so wrong?
   Is it so wrong?
   That you make me strong."

  "Wohooo!!!!" Everyone starts to cheer and shout our names.

  Rei smirks at me and stands up, ruffling my hair, "We did great princess."

  My heart stops at his choice of words. A grin spreads across my face, "Yeah, we did."

Written on: 10 August 2017

  Omgg, finally I updated, sorry I was really really busy this few weeks. And also, I know this chapter sucks. Maybe the whole story too. But I am like running out of ideas, so please don't judge. HAHAHAAH😂😂 LOLOLOL. Idk when I will update next but yah, continue to support:))))thxxxx