Chaptet 10: Party!

"Students, the school will be holding a party this saturday night,which is tomorrow. Through this, the school hopes to strengthen the bond between students and to allow students to interact more with one anoyther." A voice sounds through the PA system.

  The whole school literally errupts in applause.

  Risa jumps up and down and grabs my hand, "Lia, let's go shop for clothes to wear for the party!"

  "But..., i've got no money..." i look down.

  "Don't worry, i'll pay for you." Risa knows about how I got kidnapped and everything, so she naturally knows how broke I am.

  "No..." I start to protest, but Risa is bent on paying for me. "Thanks" I finally give up on argueing with her. I'm really lucky to have her as a friend.

  "Can I come along?" Rei walks up to us.

  "No boys allowed!" Me and Risa exclaims in unison. We start to giggle and walk out of the classroom, leaving Rei standing there. I can almost imagine the incredulous look that is on his face right now.

    I put on a beautiful white dress that Risa had bought me yesterday. Yhe dress is strapless and fits perfectly at my waist. It fans out all the way to my knees. I braid my hair into two french braids and look myself in the mirror. "All done!"

  I walk out to the living room and see Rei adjusting his suit coat. He is wearing a matching set of black pants  and a top. I've got to admit, he looks good.

  Rei turns around and looks at me. I hear him catch a breath and his eyes look like they might pop out of their sockets. "Wow...you look so...I'm at a loss of words."

   I laugh, "I'll take that as a compliment."

***

  "Woah...." I walk into the ballroom. Many people are dancing in the centre of the room. Some individually, some in pairs, and others in groups. To the corner of the room, a boy is sitting at there and controlling the music that is being played. I look over to the other side of the room, there is a large buffet spread.

  "Lia! You look stunning!" Risa skips up to me. She's wearing a dotted pink dress and her hair is tied up into a high ponytail.

  "You too!" I exclaim. "But I still feel bad that you have to pay for me."

  "Please don't. I was the one who offered to pay." She smiles.

  "Do yall want to go dance?" Rei cuts in.

  I shake my head,"You two go ahead, I'll go get something to drink."

  I fill my cup with apple juice and take a sit on an empty couch. I look over to the dance floor. Rei is dancing to the music while Risa is just bouncing up and down with no sense of rythm. I laugh.

  "May I have a dance with you?" A hand appears in front of me. I look up and see Matt smiling at me.

  I consider. Rei and Risa had warned me about him before. But...maybe those are just rumours? I don't know. But I feel that I should not just judge him base on a few comments. "Sure."

  I take his hand and let him lead me to the dance floor. He takes both my hands and puts them around his neck. And puts his hands on my waist. We start to sway to the slow rythm of the music.

  "You look gorgeous today, ya know?" Matt starts the conversation.

  "Ahahahahaha, thanks, you don't look so bad yourself either."

  After a moment of silence, he asks, "so....., I was thinking if you would like to be my partner for the science project?"

  "Ummm.....I don't have a partner yet so, why not?" I say cheerfully.

  He smiles," How bout tomorrow I pick you up at 5pm? We can go to my house to discuss the project."

  "Okay!" I tell him the address of Rei's house.

  "May I take over?" Rei comes up to us.

  "Sure." Matt hands me over to Rei. "Remember. Tomorrow at 5."

  "What about tomorrow?" Rei puts his hands around my waist and starts swaying to the music. His hands feel warm on my waist. I don't know why, but it somehow feels different from just now when I had danced with Matt. My heart starts to beat faster.

  "Nothing." I decide to tell him later. I don't think he feels that good about Matt.

  "Lia don't get too close to him. He's not a good person. I have already told you before." Rei sounds a bit unhappy.

  I look down. We continue to dance in silence.

  After awhile, I can't take the silence anymore, "By the way, did you try the apple juice. It taste so fresh."

  "Wow, I talk about something serious and all you think about is apple juice." He chuckles, sounding amuse. I join in.

  "Well, how's school so far?" Rei asks.

  "Hmm... other than boring literature lessons, everyhings great. Can I ask you a question? I mean, you're quite handsome, why haven't you got a girlfriend?" I giggle at my own question, but stop when Rei does not join in.

  He is looking right into my eyes. "Because..." his  leans closer to me until there is only a small gap between our faces.

  I can feel his breath on my face. My heartbeat increases rapidly. Ba-thump! Ba-thump!

  "Hey guys!" We jerk apart and turn to see Risa calling us excitedly. "Come over here! A few students would like to meet Lia."

  Risa walks over to me and takes me by the arm, dragging me away from Rei. Still, my heart rate does not decrease.

Written on: 18 june 2017

  Omggg,this is a very long chapter, i admit😂😂 hope you guys have not gotten bored yet.thx for reading! Hope yall can continue to support!:)))