chapter 13: I like you

"Good morning Lia, I've bought breakfast, come eat." Rei motions me to come to the dining table. I look down at the floor, unable to meet his eyes. I still can't get over what he did last night. He must have done it on impulse. Yah... on impulse. Then why do I feel so disappointed....no, it can't be, I don't like him! I don't like Rei! I tell myself repeatedly. I've not fallen for him!

  "Umm......sorry, I've to reach school early today. I'll go out first." I tell Rei. I don't think I can stay around him much longer, it'll be awkward.

  "You sure you are okay?" He asks, concern.

  "Yah." , I head out to school.

  So, the whole entire day I avoid him. When he asked to go down for lunch together, I said I've got something on. I can't even look directly into his eyes. I'm so useless!

  "Hey, you alright?" Risa asks.

  I nod my head.

  "You sure? You've been avoiding Rei the whole time. What happened?" Risa pushes on.

  "No....Nothing happened." I lie.

  "Okay."

***

I walk into the house. It is night time already. The light to the bathroom is on, and I can hear the sound of running water. Rei must be taking a shower. I think.

  "I better pretend to sleep, I still don't know how to face him..." I mutter to myself.

  The sound of running water suddenly stops. I run to the bed and lie down, covering my body with blanket.

  "Ta-ta-ta." I hear footsteps coming out of the bathroom. A fresh wave of shampoo smell fills my nose. He smells so good.

  The sound of footsteps come to a stop.

"Lia, can you sit up for a moment, i've something to tell you." Rei says.

  I keep my mouth shut.

  "Lia, I know you're awake."

  "..."

  "Ta-ta-ta." The sound of foosteps come nearer to me. Ba-thump! Ba-thump! I try to keep as still as possible.

  Suddenly; a hand grabs the blanket and throws it aside, uncovering me. Shit!

  Rei grabs my shoulders and pulls me into a sitting position. He positions himself beside me and stares intently into my eyes.

  "I like you."

Written on: 22 june 2017

Hi! Hope u guys enjoy this chapter. Continue to support!:))))