Chapter Twenty Six

I succeeded in our race and opened the door to two smiling faces. 
"Jessie!" Connor squealed like an excitable child and gave me, then Tris, a hug. Brad followed and did the same action as Connor. Don't get me wrong, I love the two of them, but I was just waiting to see James. I quickly showed the two of them inside and then went back to the door, when I saw James' tall frame standing sheltering from the rain. He had thrown the boys' bags inside and was now shutting the door behind him, meaning he couldn't see me. I walked up quietly, my slippers making no noise on the wooden floor, and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He turned around, almost looking scared, and, once he realised it was me, pulled me into a tight hug. 
"Jess! You scared me!" He kissed my forehead then put his arm around my shoulders. We walked into the living room where the other three were already glued to the TV screen. None of them looked up as we walked in and collapsed on the sofa. "So, what are we watching?" James said awkwardly.
"Top Gear." Brad said, and I sighed. 
"Great!" James said enthusiastically. I rolled my eyes and looked at the clock. 8:00. Two more hours of Top Gear, then I could go to bed. 
"Does anyone want some food?" I asked, desperate to leave the car-enthusiast filled room. 
"Not really." The collective response made it impossible for me to leave. I sighed and rested my head on James' shoulder. I felt my eyes begin to close and felt darkness take over. 

I woke up to my familiar alert tone coming from my phone. The TV was still on, but the boys were asleep. I reached past James and grabbed my phone from the side table. I turned the TV off and leant back on James. I glanced at the time on my phone before looking at my notifications. 11:39. Seven hours and 21 minutes until I have to start getting ready for school... Yay. I then looked at my notifications, all of which were from Twitter. '@TheVampsTris @TheVampsJames @JessieEvans how long have they been together??? #Jemsie' '@TheVampsBrad @TheVampsTris @TheVampsCon @TheVampsJames @JessieEvans aww they're cute! #Jemsie' I was confused until I actually opened Twitter and saw that Tris, Brad and Con had taken and photo of James and I sleeping earlier in the night. I scrolled through my mentions and, although most were saying how 'cute' we are or just general nice things, a few caught my eye. '@TheVampsTris @TheVampsJames @JessieEvans he's way too good for her.' '@JessieEvans you don't deserve him, slag.' were some of the better ones. A few people were saying that they were happy but jealous of me, which was sweet. The hate tweets kept coming through, making my stomach turn, until I turned my phone off and threw it to the other side of the room. I tried to sleep, but my mind was full of everyone saying I wasn't good enough for James.

Was what they were saying true?

A/N: So, I finally updated! Sorry about the wait, exams starting on Monday so I've spent most of my time doing maths past papers and going over RE quotes :/ I hope you like this chapter, I thought it was time for the fans to find out about James and Jessie :) 

Cicely x