Chapter Thirty Three

"Jessie! Get up!" I opened my eyes to see Tris standing angrily over my bed, James standing next to him, now wearing his boxers and a shirt.
"What... What's going on?" I mumbed sleepily, rubbing my eyes.
"Jess, he knows." James said quietly, handing me one of my t-shirts and some underwear. I put the clothes on without looking at my brother.
"What the fuck were you thinking, Jessie?" Tris shouted, looking like he was about to hit someone. 
"He's my boyfriend, Tristan!" I yelled back. "I... I love him." I said more quietly and rubbed my eyes, feeling tears pricking at the back of them. I hear James talking to Tris, saying that he wouldn't hurt me, that he cared about me, loved me. Then I heard Tris say something that made my heart stop and my eyes fill with tears.
"I can't believe you would do this to my sister after you cheated on her." James' eyes widened and I heard him swear under his breath. I looked up at him through tear-filled eyes.
"What... What is he talking about, James?" I said quietly, the words catching at the back of my throat.
"He cheated on you two nights ago, Jessie. I'm sorry." Tris whispered softly and I wiped a tear away.
"Shut up, Tristan!" I shouted, standing up quickly. "James, is it true?" He nodded slightly and I grabbed his arm, pulling him out of the room. "Get out! I never want to see you again!" I started sobbing, weakly hitting him. Tristan pulled me back and into his arms, hugging me tightly.

"It was a mistake, Jessie... He was drunk, and she was too. He didn't even know his own name..." Tris tried to console me, stroking my hair and handing me an endless stream of tissues for the never-ending flood of tears that poured down my cheeks. 
"That makes it okay?!" I cried, burying my head in his chest.
"He can't lose you. I've been getting texts all day from Connor and Brad, saying that he won't leave his room. Brad's parents have taken Mum and Dad out for lunch so they don't know... You know what they're like. They'll just... Act like they were right the whole time, and you don't need that. You need to be with your friends, like me. Even though I'm your brother, I'm still your friend. I'll always be there for you. Forever. No matter how much you hate me sometimes."

a/n: i'm so so so sorry i haven't updated for ages... sorry sorry xx