Chapter Thirty Five

"Jess?" I heard his soft voice whisper as the door opened.
"Don't call me that!" I sobbed, not looking at him. I could heard him swallow hard, as if holding back tears.
"I'm so sorry... I swear, I don't even remember it..." He stuttered quietly, and I stood up angrily.
"And that makes it okay?! It makes it okay that after you realised what you did you came and pretended that everything was okay?! That you still loved me?!" I cried, letting the tears run down my face.
"I do still love you, I just made a mistake!" I could see this was hurting him, but I couldn't stop shouting, saying everything that had hurt me.
"Did you even break up with Brooke when you started going out with me? When you kissed me the first time? Or were you still dating her?" I sobbed, not realising what I was saying until the words had come out of my mouth.
"That's not fair, Jessie! You know I never meant to do this!" He raised his voice, making me flinch. Hearing him shout like that scared me, because I had never seen him this way. "Jessie... Please... I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I don't even know who that girl is. You're the only one I care about, I promise. I love you more than anyone else in the world. You're incredible. You're beautiful. You're special. You're different to any other girl in the world. And I love every single thing about you."