Chapter Four

The rest of the week was dull. There were no more surprises, and the only thing to look forward to was the fact the Jenna was coming over to mine after school on Friday. We walked back to my house and she quizzed me about the band, and what they were like, then I unlocked the door and walked inside. I could hear Tristan playing on the X-Box, due to the fact that he continually yelled ‘F*** you!’ and then one of the boys’ names.
“Okay, let’s ignore my brother, and go upstairs. Please.” I walked upstairs and heard Jenna’s footsteps behind me. We went on YouTube for a while, then my phone bleeped. Jenna grabbed it before I could and raised her eyebrows.
“From James, huh? ‘Party tomorrow at Brad’s at 7, you coming? X’. Can we go? Please?” She said, her eyes begging. I rolled my eyes and stood up.
“I’ll go and ask Tris.” I replied, walking downstairs and hitting his shoulder to pull him out of his trance. “Tris, you know Brad’s party?” He nodded. “Can Jenna and I go?”
“Fine, whatever!” He said, waving me away. I ran upstairs and smiled at Jenna. She jumped up and started dancing around the room whilst I texted James back saying we would be there.
“What are we going to wear? We need to go shopping!” Jenna suddenly stopped and looked at me.
“Okay… I’ll meet you in town tomorrow at 11.” I replied, thinking it through and knowing if I said any later she would go crazy. We stayed in my room for a while, watching Big Bang Theory and Glee, then my mum had called us down for dinner. Jenna left to go home, so it was just my family, which made my mother annoyed because she had made more because she thought Jenna would stay. She had never really liked Jenna, and said that I was ‘mixing with the wrong crowd’ and stuff like that, but Jenna was my best friend, and the first person to talk to me in year seven.
“Well, Jenna and I are going shopping tomorrow, so I’m going to go to bed – night!” I said once I had finished eating, then left the room and went upstairs. I fell asleep within minutes.

I woke up as my dad came into my room.
“Hi, sweetie. I just wanted to give you a little something for your shopping trip today.” He handed me two £50 notes and I looked up at him in shock.
“No way! Thank you!” I hugged him and got out of bed, going to brush my teeth. I got dressed in my usual shopping clothes, a t-shirt and black skinny jeans, then grabbed my bag and put the £100 in my purse. Tris was giving me a lift into town, so we got into the car, reached our meeting place and I jumped out of the car. I saw Jenna leaning against the wall of the New Look, then she noticed me and smiled. We entered the shop and she went straight to the skirts and tops. She held a few up against herself then went to the changing rooms, forcing me to follow. I waited outside on one of the sofas and, after a few minutes of Jenna showing me each outfit and me giving my opinion, she came out wearing our favourite. The skirt was white lace and stopped above the knee, and the top was a black half top with black glittery lace over it. She looked amazing, like usual, and she got changed and went to pay for the outfit along with some black heels. We then went to TopShop, where I was going to buy the dress I had been wanting for weeks. It was a strapless black body-con dress with a thick black ribbon around the waist, and it made me look slimmer but showed off some of my curves. I paid for the dress then we ate and went back to her house, where I had told my mum I was staying that night. By now it was around 3, so Jenna started straightening her hair. I had already curled mine, and I began doing my make up. I had decided that, since my dress was black, I would make my eyes look slightly gothic, with smoky eyeliner and mascara, then put some red lip gloss on. By about 6:30, we were both ready, and Tristan was outside in his car, waiting for us.
“You guys look great!” He said, looking at us as we climbed into the car. He drove towards Brad’s house, where you could already hear music playing from down the road.