-twenty-

20 | It's You

Taehee walks back from the police station, pouring herself a cup of tea and sighs.
It's been a whole week and she hasn't seen Wonwoo at all.

"He moved on...", she mumbles, sitting at the table and flips through her papers. She reviews her notes that she wrote, wondering when it's a good time to ask Taehyung to turn himself in again.

"Hello?", she fishes out her phone from her pocket, answering it.

"Taehee, this is Mingyu— Wonwoo is in the hospital"

"What happened?", Taehee asks quickly, her grip on her mug tightening.
"He's been overworking himself all week. His stress and tiredness finally caught up to him. He passed out while he was at his company and right now I'm at Seoul Hospital"

She bites her lower lip, shaking her head. "And why should I care, Mingyu?"

"Because you love him, Taehee"

Taehee scoffs through the phone, rolling her eyes. "Please, I hate him. Just send Minyoung there, he'd rather see her than me", she responds, trying to sound annoyed.
"Don't be like this, he'd want to see you. Now stop being stubborn"

Taehee sighs and hangs up, running her hand through her hair and tugs it slightly.
"You don't care about him"

After thirty minutes, Taehee sits next to Wonwoo's bed, looking at him and sighs.

"You idiot, why are you doing this?", she mutters, closing her eyes. "You are so stupid"

She stares at him, taking out the small jewelry box he gave her for Christmas and places it at his bedside table. Taehee purses her lips together, trying to shake off her guilt as she stands up, walking towards the door.

"...Taehee...", Wonwoo's voice floats through the air. She turns around, looking at him, his eyes still close.
"What is it?", she asks, walking to his side again.

"...Taehee...", he murmurs again, shifting in his bed.

He's sleep talking.

"...It's hurts so much", he mumbles. She purses her lips again, touching his shoulder and tries to calm him down.
"Go back to sleep, Wonwoo. You'll get better"

"It hurts so much...it hurts so much. I miss you...I miss you", Wonwoo mumbles. "I...I thought that everything would get better but it isn't, nothing feels right. I feel so alone without you, so alone and broken", he opens his eyes slightly, but clearly still in his dream state. Wonwoo brings the back of his hand to Taehee's cheek, caressing it slightly.

"It's you...the reason my heart is breaking...don't you hear my heart?", he asks, a tear slipping from his eye. "Every time I want to get over you, you always find your way back to my heart, Taehee...you're my answer", he brings her hand to his chest, nodding back into his sleep. "You're the only person who runs through my head, no matter what. You...you are the reason why I smile now and you'll always be the reason that I cry. My heart...it's only beating for you."

"I want to hug you...I never want to let go. I want to tell you so much...But you hate me...you moved on from me. I hate myself so much for hurting you, for bringing you pain. I hate myself so much...", he murmurs, falling back to sleep.

Taehee gulps, looking down at the tiled floors and sighs. She pulls out her phone, pressing it to her ear as she feels her heart break at his words.

"Minyoung, please come here to Seoul Hospital. Stay by Wonwoo's side, okay? And if he asks what the pink box is doing on the table, tell him it's from me and that he should have it back. I'm going to work", she hangs up, shoving her phone in her pocket and sighs.