-thirteen-

13 | When You Love Someone

"W-Wonwoo..."
Wonwoo groans, opening up one eye to see that it's still dark out. He checks his phone, upset that someone disturbed his peaceful sleep.
"It's 2:30 in the morning, what is it?", he sits up, grumpy. His eyes start to adjust, his attitude changing quickly as he sees Eunha at the foot of his bed. He quickly runs up to her, wiping away the tears falling from her puffy red eyes away with his thumb. She clutches onto the hem of her sweater, lowering her head as she continues to cry.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying?", Wonwoo asks softly.

"I-I...I need a hug...", she mumbles quietly, air quickly escaping her lips. Wonwoo doesn't even wait a second before wrapping her up in a warm hug, holding her so tight.
"Cry until you think you're good", he whispers into her ear, pulling her closer to his chest. He feels his heart twist, the sight of Eunha crying makes his heart break.

"S-She died...mom d-died...", she cries into his chest, staining his grey hoodie with tears. "M-Mom! Why did you leave me alone?! W-Why did you leave?", she continues to scream in his chest, clinging onto his sweater tightly. She starts to lose balance, falling onto her knees but Wonwoo catches her, tightening his grip around her shoulders and goes down with her.

"I...I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry"

After about an hour, Eunha passes out from crying so much. Wonwoo tucks her into his bed, tucking the loose strands of hair behind her ears and sits down in front of her. He hesitates on taking her hand but holds in lightly, looking at her tear stained face as she sleeps.

You're life was so awful, but I'm the reason why you're hurting.

Wonwoo stands up, about to let go of her hand.
"Don't...don't go...", he feels her hand tighten in his. "Don't leave me..."
Wonwoo freezes in place, biting his lower lip but sits back down on the chair, continuing to hold her hand.
"I won't", he rubs her hand with his thumb, a sad look in his eyes.

"Don't...don't eat them...dad wouldn't want that...we could live the New Year together...", she sleep talks, breathing heavily. "D-Don't do that mom...don't...Things will get better...dad wouldn't want you to die because of him..."
Wonwoo lowers his head, his heart feeling as if 1000 rocks were weighing down on it. He may not know what she's dreaming of or what the scenario is, but he knows what one thing is happening—
Her mom committed suicide.

My own flesh and blood caused that. I'm hurting her and she doesn't even know it.

"Mom...it's about to be midnight...mom...don't...", Eunha's breath starts to shake, lower lip quivering. "Mom...mom..."
"Shh...I'm here, I'm here. Don't cry", Wonwoo whispers, stroking her black hair. "I won't leave"

"Don't go..."
"I won't...", he caresses her hand, looking at her. She becomes at peace, sleeping much more soundly than before.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you"

☼☽

"Jimin, what do I do if someone I really, really care about is hurting?"
"Comfort this person, duh", Jimin responds, rolling his eyes.

"But it isn't that simple— what if I might be the reason she's hurting?", Wonwoo sighs, looking up at the older boy.
"'Might'? Why do you say that?"

"This girl that I care about, her life has been awful. It's not for certain, but there's a strong chance that her family was completely shattered by my mom's doing. My dad died 12 years ago in the hands of her dad because his company caught on fire and her dad was a firefighter that abandoned his crew so I wanted revenge on her family because of that"
"I understand why you'd want revenge, I guess. If my dad died then I'd be mad too", Jimin shrugs, nodding slowly as he drinks his coffee.