-eighteen-

18 | Three! Two! One!

It hurts a lot. It hurts knowing that he doesn't love me. He loves another girl.
But it's fine...it's good that he left because I think I'm in love with him. But I don't want to fall for him anymore

He closes his eyes as he remembers her drunk confession to him during Christmas Eve. "Please don't be in love with me...it'll only hurt me more", he murmurs, trying to fall asleep.

I think he's in love with Taeyeon and not the best friend.
It's obvious.

Wonwoo sighs, his stomach tossing and turning. "There's no way I'm in love with her. I'm not in love with Eunha"

But he knows deep down, he's wrong.
And that's what Jeon Wonwoo is afraid of.

☼☽

"Eunha!", Wonwoo calls, a smile forming on his face.

"Ugh whaaaat? I was working", she groans, opening up her bedroom door.
"Look what I got", he hands her an envelope. She raises a brow, opening it up slowly and takes out a letter.

Dear Mr. Jeon,
You are invited to Choi Minki's New Year Ball. Please come at 7:30 if you wish to attend. I am looking forward to seeing you along with your new fiancée.
Sincerely,
Choi Minki

"A ball? Wonwoo, I'm not so sure about it. Won't there be a lot of important people?", she asks. Wonwoo shrugs.

"Mingyu, Minyoung and them are going. I even asked Minki if your mom, Joshua and DK could come and he said yes", Wonwoo replies.
"But will there be a lot of people there? I'm afraid I'll get lost because isn't Minki's house big?"

"Yes, and there will probably be a lot of people there, but I'll make sure you won't be alone and lost. I'll be there by your side, so can you come with me? He's really looking forward to meeting you", he asks, taking both of her hands.

"I'm not so sure, Wonwoo...", Eunha responds.

He sighs, nodding as he tucks a strand behind her ear. "I understand. If you don't want to go, then I won't go either. If you want, we could spend New Years together", he lifts up her chin, smiling. "It's okay if you don't want to go, I'll do whatever you want me to"

"I'll go, I don't want to be the reason why you'll miss out spending New Years with your friends", she replies.
"I don't want to force you, Eunha. I'm not trying to guilt trip you—"
"I know you aren't, but I want you to enjoy New Years. I'll go Wonwoo", she smiles softly, caressing his hand with her thumbs.

"Thank you", he mumbles, wrapping her up in a warm embrace. He wraps both arms around her shoulder, resting his head on top of hers, holding her.

Ba-thump, Ba-thump.

Wonwoo pulls away even though he wanted to hug her longer, wanting to feel her against his skin. Yet, he doesn't want his heart to get confused even more than it is. Eunha smiles weakly at him, but not for the reason he thinks it is, but for another reason that he's afraid of.

☼☽

Eunha looks at the man next to her, wearing a black tux that fits him perfectly with his gold glasses resting on his nose.

"You look beautiful", he says as they walk towards the entrance of the penthouse. She indeed looked beautiful—wearing a light blue off the shoulder dress with nude heels, her black hair curled. She blushes slightly, looking down at her dress.
"Thanks...but I've never been to anything like this", she looks at him.