-twenty-five-

25 | I Loved You

Taehee walks into the airport, her luggage trailing behind her and waits for her plane to be called.

"You ready to have a new life, Taehee?", Seungcheol asks her, sitting down next to her. She nods slowly, sighing heavily and hits her heart lightly.

It's for the best, Taehee. It's time to move on.

"You're second-guessing, aren't you?", he sighs. Taehee looks at him, trying her best to smile even though her heart is in pain. "You still love him, I can see it in your eyes"

She nods again, looking down at her hand at her ring. "I'm sorry that I'm not strong enough, Seungcheol. But I'll move on...I promise I will", she says quietly, praying that it'll be the truth. After an hour of waiting, the call on the speakers has been made.

'Plane to Los Angeles, departing in 25 minutes'

"Let's go, we should get there early", he pats her leg, standing up and begins to walk away from his previous life.
"I'll catch up with you, I just need a minute", Taehee tells him, standing up. Seungcheol nods, continuing to walk towards the plane.

Taehee looks around the airport, remembering that 4 months ago she left this very same airport to meet her fiancé.
Well, former fiancé.

"A new beginning, a new beginning", she says to herself, turning around and starts to walk away.

"Taehee! Taehee!"

She stops in her tracks, her eyes growing wide as the man she loves runs up to her, hugging her tightly.

"Don't...Don't go", Wonwoo whispers, clearly on the verge of tears. Taehee gulps, pushing Wonwoo away and doesn't look at him.

"Go away", she mutters. He shakes his head, gripping onto her shoulders which causes her to look up.

"I need you in my life...I need you so please don't go", he whispers, looking into her eyes. "I need your love"
Taehee grits her teeth, clenching onto her fists and tries to stop her tears from rolling down her face.

"Go to Minyoung, leave me in the past", she says through her gritted teeth, her eyes stinging.

"But I don't want Minyoung, Taehee. I want you, I need you. I love you"

She looks at him confused, her mouth slightly open. "You can't love me...", she says in disbelief. Wonwoo sighs heavily, a tear slipping his eye. "You hate me! You hate every little thing—"

Something soft presses against her lips, her mind going blank as she realizes what's going on.

Wonwoo kisses her passionately, as if his life depended on it. He holds onto her tightly, tears falling down from his face one by one.

What should I do? This is so wrong...

But no matter how hard Taehee wants to push him away, she slowly falls into his kiss, closing her eyes as she feels his tears stain her face. He pulls away, leaning his forehead against hers, tears streaming down his face.

"I love you. I love every little thing about you— every perfection and every flaw. I don't care that you're Seongyoo's kid, I was completely wrong about you. I was wrong for hurting you, for believing my mom...Please stay...", Wonwoo looks up at her, his eyes filled with tears. "I'll give you everything"

Taehee feels a lump in her throat, looking down.

I want to be with you. I want you.

"We should move on from each other", she says forcefully, pushing him away. She can tell that he's hurt by the was his eyes look, her heart breaking at the sight of him. "Goodbye, Wonwoo", she grabs onto the handle of her suitcase and starts to walk away from him, tears building in her eyes.