-nineteen-

19 | The Truth

Taehee and Taehyung walked into a small café together. After spending the entire day together and catching up, they decided to cease the day with a nice cup of tea and coffee. Once they got their drinks,
"Taehyung. Turn yourself in"

"And why should I? Do you really think I murdered Ilhyun?", Taehyung asks, his eyes becoming sad but fiery. Taehee sets down her cup, looking at her older brother right in the eyes.

"You said you wanted revenge on them and Haejin and you practically confessed everything to me, how am I not suppose to think that you murdered them?", Eunha sighs in frustration.
"So you don't believe in your own flesh and blood, but you believe in some rat that's the son of the person who killed mom?", he grits his teeth, clenching onto his mug's handle.

"Taehyung, I'm trying to help you. If you keep on lying to the world, then you'll be just as bad as Haejin. I want to help you"
"Are you trying to help me, or that Wonwoo, Taehee? Are you really putting a boy in front of your own brother?"

"I was so alone after you ran away that once Wonwoo started to like me, he felt so important to me. You ran away from mom and I. If you were there then mom wouldn't have died!", she yells, anger and sadness boiling inside of her.

"You thought I ran away?", Taehyung asks, heart broken. Eunha curls her hand into a fist, trying to prevent tears from falling down and slowly nods.
"I went over to YMC and asked for a private interview with Haejin every day and after almost two weeks I got it. But when I got interviewed, she said that she would only air certain parts to make it even more heart breaking, don't you understand how upset I was when I was trying to fix things? But you know what she did once I found out— she sent me to jail for one evening because I was threatening her."

"Haejin brought us hate to our family for no reason. She made dad seem like a monster even though he was already dead which led mom to kill herself! How would you feel that once you got home, you found out that your mom and sister died that night? The amount of guilt I felt right after that? If you were in my shoes, would you not want revenge too?", he gulps, looking at her dead in the eye. Taehee lowers her head, clutching onto the hem of her sweater tightly. She understands how he'd feel, how guilty she would've been if she was in his shoes.
But would she go to the extent of murder?

I made him into a murderer...only if I tried to find him sooner.

☼☽

"Eunha, where are you going?", Wonwoo asks, reaching for her wrist.

She stops in her tracks, not looking at him.

"I'm sorry that I've been lying to you about my name, Wonwoo", she responds, her shoulders sagging.
Wonwoo bites his lower lip, retracting his hand away from her wrist. "Eunha, wait—"

"I-I need to go", she states, putting on her shoes quickly and sprints out the door, not closing it behind her. Wonwoo clenches his fists, feeling his heart twist and turn.

Let her name be Eunha, I don't want to hurt her even more.

"You wanted to meet with me, Mingyu?", she asks, taking the seat in front of him. Mingyu nods, putting down his cup of water and sighs heavily.

"It's really important and I know you started off the New Year on a bad foot, but you should know the truth about Wonwoo-hyung", he says slowly.

She purses her lips together, biting her lower lip.

"I know that he's Haejin's son, Mingyu. I found that out at the New Years party"

"But you should know the truth, the truth why Wonwoo didn't like you from the start.
It's time you knew what hyung's motives were, Taehee"