-five-

05 | You Take My Breath Away~

"Eunha? Eunha? Eun-", Seungkwang finally manages to find her in her room, curled up in her bed as soft sobs flow through the room.

"What's wrong? Aren't you going to that interview for EJS?"

"...N-no....I-I can't", she sniffles.
"And why's that?"
"...B-because....I can't....I'm...", she starts to cry again, pulling the covers over her.

Seungkwang walks over to her bed, sitting there awkwardly as he watches her cry. He pulls out his phone, sending someone a text before placing it back in his pocket and petting the giant lump of blanket awkwardly.
"Sorry, but I'm not that good at comforting someone...", he apologizes, looking away from her. "When will he get here~?", he taps his foot anxiously, checking his watch.

"Seungkwang I'm here and what-- E-Eunha?", Seungcheol rushes to her side, pulling off some of her covers to reveal her red and puffy face.

"L-leave...", she wimpers, covering her face again. Seungcheol looks up at the younger boy, mouthing him to leave the two of them alone. Seungkwang obliges, walking out of her bedroom and leaving the door slightly ajar.

"What's wrong, Eunha? You have that interview at 10, why aren't you getting ready?", Seungcheol asks softly, stroking her arm with his eyes locked on her.

"I-I don't want to tell you....", her voice comes out muffled, but her sobs still present.

"Is it Wonwoo again? If it's Wonwoo, then I'll make sure to set him out straight", he pulls away her covers again, revealing her tear stained face. She nods slowly causing more tears to flow out of her eyes.

"H-he said that I can't b-become a reporter b-because I'm pathetic and stupid a-and made all of these assumptions of m-my parents w-when they... they're...", she cries even louder, her voice so piercing that it hurts Seungcheol.

"Eunha...I...", he loses his words, but instead hugs her tightly. "Don't cry, I promise that if I met your parents, they would be amazing because you are amazing...and you aren't any of those things because if anything, you're happiness in a nutshell...", he strokes her knotted hair, rocking side to side. "Don't you want to prove him wrong? Show him how stupid he is to think of you like that because I believe that you can do so many great thing"

"...But what happens i-if he's right?", she stutters, sniffling.

"Aigoo...", he brushes her tears away with his thumbs, smiling at her sweetly. "I promise he won't be. He's a complete idiot for treating you like this and a complete jerk for treating you like this. If anything, I'm on Lim Eunha's side. Now," he stands up, sticking his hand out, "shall we prove him wrong?"

Eunha looks up at him, confused and bewildered, but something in his eyes makes her want to take his hand, makes her want to show him what she's got.

"But...what will I wear? Those were one of the only n-nice things I own a-and my flats are completely ruined from y-yesterday", she questions.

"We have Seungkwang, do we not?"

She hesitantly sticks out her hand but doesn't take his, pulling her hand away. "But I'm afraid"
"And why are you afraid?"
"Because I...I'm afraid of reporters and cameras...I'm truly afraid of them", she lowers her head, looking at the wooden floor. Seungcheol wants to know why she's afraid of them and he can tell that there's a bigger story to it, but he knows better not to ask. He doesn't want to lose her, he doesn't want to push her over the edge to where she can break because he knows that Wonwoo is about to corrupt her.

"Well, today is the day to prove that you can combat your fears. I might not know the reason and I may never will but I want to prove Wonwoo wrong, I want you to prove him wrong. Now, shall we?", he raises a brow, his eyes glowing with hope. Eunha smiles brokenly, slowly taking his hand.