-Epilogue-

Epilogue | Try Again

~Two Years Later~
Taehee smiles to herself as  she puts the finishing touches in the room.

"Guys!! We finished!", she cheered, throwing her hands up in the air. Joshua smiles down at her, light green paint on his face as DK stands next to him, smiling widely. The three friends run out of the store together, looking at the giant sign hanging above it.

Ambiguous Bakery and Café

"All you have to do is put the last decal on the window", DK smiles, nudging her forwards. Taehee sighs, placing the decal neatly on the window and steps back, reading it.

Dedicated to my mother and father. But most of all to Kim Taehyung for giving me the funds to do this, for still caring about me no matter what.

She sighs shakily, feeling the two boys stand next to her, both of them hugging her tightly.

"I did mom. I did it dad. I did it Tae", she smiles, looking up at the sky. "This is the best present ever", she says softly.

Yes, she finished constructing her bakery on Christmas Day, on her birthday. What's more special than opening up something that you've always dreamed of on your own birthday?

"You're 27 now, can you believe it? I feel so old", Joshua mopes, looking down at her.
"Hey, you're only 29 and engaged, chill", DK responds, rolling his eyes.
"I know but still! I'm going to hit that 30 mark next year", the older counters, both releasing Taehee from their hug.

"It's not my fault that you're ancient", Taehee giggles.

"How can this happen to me?", Joshua pouts.

"I MADE MY MISTAKES!"

The other two laugh at DK's actions, walking back inside the bakery. DK walks into the back, taking out a bottle of champagne and three glasses, pouring each of them a drink.

"To Ambiguous' finish!"
"And to Taehee's 27th birthday!", Joshua adds, all of them clinking their glasses. A few hours have passed and the evening has come. Snow starts falling from the sky as Taehee bids her two friends goodbye. She roams around her own little building, walking into the back room and sighs.

"I wonder how he's doing. He's going to enlist soon I bet", she mumbles, taking a small picture out of her pocket and looks at it longly. "I wonder if he has kids. I bet if he does they'd be the cutest little munchkins ever", she chuckles, shoving it back in her pocket.

It's been three years Taehee, he forgot about you already.

Taehee puts on her jacket, walking out of the store and roams around, going nowhere in particular. She goes into several cabs, walking around aimlessly before ending up in a park, noticing that there's an iceskating rink with no one in it.
"It wouldn't hurt to be bad", she says to herself, walking up to the ice skating rink without iceskates, not wanting to break an entering and put herself in jail.

She starts to 'skate' around, the ice slipery under her Vans' bottom part. She looks around the empty park, snow falling around her and wounds up in the middle of the whole thing. Suddenly, the lights flash on, her heart skipping a beat as she mentally curses at herself.

"Dammit", she mumbles, noticing that she got caught. Taehee looks around, not spotting any security guard or police officer here to escort her out and give her a fine.

"Taehee"

She turns around, knitting her eyebrows together. "Who's there?", she asks loudly, looking around. "And how to you know my name?"
Taehee continues to look around but she sees no one.
Maybe I'm just tired.

"Kim Taehee"

She hears a voice behind her, her back stiffening and gulps loudly. She turns around slowly, her eyes growing wide and stumbles back. She slips on the ice, falling onto the ground. But doesn't.

The man pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her tightly and breathes heavily. Taehee stands there frozen, not able to comprehend whats happening.

"Y-You...I'm dreaming, that's it, I'm dreaming", she mumbles, her heart racing.

"You aren't. I'm here for you", the man pulls back, revealing his face.

Jeon Wonwoo.

"I missed you. I missed you so much", he mumbles, holding onto her shoulders securly. Taehee looks into his eyes, noticing the pain that's in them, the sadness. Yet there's something odd in them.

Hope, love.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?", she asks.
"Jeonghan and Joshua. It took a lot of pursuading from our end but Joshua finally told us where you were. I came to see you, to see how you were doing. I followed you this whole evening just so I could meet you again", he says calmly, looking deeply into her eyes deeply.

Taehee looks away from him, breathing heavily.
"I thought you forgot about me", she breathes out. "I told you to forget about me"

"But how can I forget about someone I'm in love with? How can I forget about someone that I've been thinking about for the past three years non-stop?", he asks quietly, cupping her face so she has to look at him.

"Wonwoo, you're married", Taehee says calmly. Although she's hurting, she still wants to appear strong in front of him.

I don't want to become one of those hopeless girls in dramas who always run back to the male leads.

"Was", he whispers, stroking her cheek. "I'm not anymore
"I love you and I'll always love no matter what. This heart— it's all for you, no one else but you"

Taehee shakes her head, hitting his chest as she feels tears form in her eyes. "No you didn't. You didn't leave Minyoung...You don't love me, you love her", she mutters, hitting his chest. "Tell me you're lying...you're lying, right?", she asks, a tear slipping her eye as she looks into his. "Don't give me false hope Wonwoo. Please don't—"

An electric shock runs through her body as she stands there with wide eyes. Something soft presses against Taehee's lips, her heart beating so fast to the point where it might explode.

Wonwoo...He's kissing me.

Even though it's been three years, his kiss feels the same way it was but much softer, more gentle. She slowly melts into the kiss, bringing him closer as her tears stain his face, holding onto him tightly, kissing him back with their lips moving in sync. After about a minute or two they pull away from each other, Taehee crying and hits his chest, leaning her head against it and starts to cry.

"I-I hate you so much...Why are you doing this to me? Why are you making me feel like this?", she cries into his chest, shaking her head.

"I'm so sorry...I'm sorry for ever hurting you. I'm sorry for everything that I've done wrong. I'm sorry for making you feel like this. I'm sorry for everything", he whispers, hugging her tightly and kisses the top of her head softly.

"I hate my heart so much...I shouldn't love you, I shouldn't", she sobs, feeling helpless.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry for everything. I love you, Kim Taehee. More than anyone can, I love you so much", Wonwoo says softly, stroking her hair. "I wanted to move on too...but no matter what I couldn't. I felt awful staying in a marriage when I loved someone else. My heart is only for you"

"So maybe...can we try again?"

Taehee looked up, smiling slightly and cupped the boy's face, looking into his eyes lovingly.

"Sure, we can try again"

☼☽

T H E
E N D