-seven-

07 | Sympathy?

"Can you believe it, oppa!"

"W-what?", Wonwoo snaps out of his thoughts, looking at the girl who's next to him. Minyoung pouts as the two of them walk, crossing her arms.

"That girl made me completely humiliated in front of the EJS staff! Her case was good, but still! Now I definitely won't get that job at EJS."

"Minyoung, it's okay. That girl was probably stupid", Wonwoo consoles his best friend, stroking her shoulder.

"We had to do a debate on an old news story and she was so ugh!"
"Really? What was the news story?", he asks.

"The fire and explosion 12 years ago at...never mind"

"Oh", Wonwoo replies bitterly, looking away from her..
The one that killed my father. And the one that...

"What did this girl say?"

"She just said that I couldn't become a reporter because of the assumptions I made about an old news story from a long time ago. She had solid points, but it completely beat down my proof!"

Wonwoo clicks his tongue, giving the phone back to her. "That girl has no idea what she's talking about"

"I know, but she probably got the job", she sulks, sticking out her bottom lip.
"Hey, why don't you work with my mom? You know her very well", he suggests.

"Really?", her brown eyes light up, looking at him.

"Of course, I can tell my mom to give you a role at YMC. Do you want it?"

"Yes! Oh my god, thank you thank you thank you!!", she throws her arms around him, jumping up and down. He tenses up, a light pink crawling up to his cheeks as he hugs her back. He closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth she radiates as the two of them hug.

Only if I could stay like this forever.

☼☽

Congratulations, Lim Eunha! You got the job at EJS Broadcasting! Please come in on Monday at 10:00 AM

Eunha looks down at her phone, grimacing as she shoves it back in her pocket, heading down the stairs.

"Hey, Eunha! Have you heard back from EJS?", Seungcheol asks, eating one of her cupcakes. She nods, sitting in front of him. "Really? What did they say?"

"I got the job", she replies, smiling slightly.

"Really? Guys! Eunha got the job!", he yells, clapping for her. "Aren't you excited?" She shrugs, grabbing an apple and starts to eat it.

"Eunha got the job?!", Soonyoung comes out of nowhere, looking at her.

"Yea...it's no big deal", she shakes her hand.

"No big deal? It's a HUGE deal!", Seungkwang exclaims, using hand gestures.

"Congrats, Eunha!", Minghao hugs her along with Jeonghan, squeezing her.

"We should celebrate!", Jun pumps his fists in the air.

"More cupcakes?", Seungkwang suggests.

"No, even better-- let's go to a club", Jun smirks.

"Is that alright with you?", Seungcheol looks at her, noticing the worry in her eyes.

"O-of course it's fine! But shouldn't we wait for Wonwoo-"