[Chapter Fifty Six]

Hello, here's the chapter (for all those people who asked). It's currently 1:40AM, so I stayed up extra late after (not) completing all of my assessments. If you enjoyed the chapter, please comment bellow with your thoughts and vote above. You know it's always appreciated xx

Chapter Fifty Six

Alex tugs me out of the arena and into the open streets. What was once dim and causal suddenly turns into a frenzy of people. Fans are pressed up against the metal barriers along the side walk. Their hands fly through the air as they try to inch their way closer to us. The paparazzi are jumping around as they each try to score the best angle.

Turning to face Alex, I see him standing there like a natural. With his back straighter, head high, he's got a light smile plastered on his lips. Alex's is completely in his element as he waves to the screaming fans.

He drops my hand and wraps his arm around my waist, drawing me in closer to his body. As we take a couple of steps down the street, the reporters are screaming out questions regarding our relationship status.

For the first couple of minutes, he ignores their questions and just smiles and waves – even stops to pose for a camera. But it's not until a demanding reporter starts hurling requests at us as he stands there with his camera ready to capture those moments.

"Kiss her," he screams.

The photographer next to him starts yelling the same thing. I try to walk away from them, but Alex's grip on my waist doesn't allow me to progress very far. Their words start to make my stomach churn as my nerves spike up.

Alex's cold hands grab onto my cheeks, pulling my face closer to his. The force from Alex knocks me closer to his body – making it easier for him to force his wet lips on mine.

Despite my discomfort, as his lips rub up against mine, the crowd around us cheers and flickers of light flash around us. Usually I would be feeling the petite butterflies swirling around in my stomach, but now, anything but happy thoughts enter my mind.

When he pulls away, I flutter my eyes open and smile up at him. Alex has his own bright smile on his face. Alex wraps his arms around my waist, tugging my body closer to his side. I wrap my arm around his body and we smile at the cameras in front of us.

As we continue to progress down the pathway, I hold my bright smile and pace with Alex. I'm just going to have to wait until we are in private before consulting him about his actions. Although, I do see Ava having a field day about the headlines I'm sure that will be arising. These headlines shouldn't come at a cost of my discomfort. 

The rest of the night flies within a blurred haze of flashing lights and warmth radiating from Alex. My clouded, distort mind can't seem to move forwards from the kiss outside the arena. The sound of rushed words and Alex's lips, I'm in a state of rage. With the amount of time I've had to cool down from his bad behaviour, it should have cooled the burning rage inside me.

"I'm going to bed," I blurt, placing my bag on the kitchen counter top.

"So soon?" he questions.

Alex sneaks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, tubbing me closer to him. I try to squirm out of his hold, but his arms tighten and his lips begin to press down the side of my neck in a slow, almost teasing motion.

"Stop doing that, I'm mad at you." His lips stop rubbing against my skin, but his arms stay wrapped around my hips.

"What are you mad about now?" Alex asks.

Pulling his arms off me, I step away and say, "You know why," as I turn to face him.

"Are you seriously mad about that? It was just one kiss; I kiss you all the time." Alex crosses his arms over his chest as he leans against the kitchen counter.

"Yes I am. You completely used me as an object in front of all those people."

His head drops and his face turns sour. "I was expressing my affection towards you, not treating you like an object," Alex tries to justify, but nothing he says can change my mind. I hate the way he treated me, and I'm not about to forgive him for it.

"I'm going to bed." As I walk off, Alex grabs my waist and pulls me to his body.

"Please stop being like this, I hate it when you get grumpy with me," he whispers. His soft voice swirls and rich scent intoxicates my mind. All of these alluring elements of his body calm my dramatic state, but doesn't cool the fire.

Who can possibly stay mad at a man so perfectly alluring?

"I'm really sorry you're upset with the kiss, I promise not to do it again," Alex says.

"Really?" I ask.

"I thought you liked us as a couple, if I knew you'd react like this, I wouldn't have bothered." He shrugs his shoulders effortlessly. Before I can comment, Alex swoops in and presses his lips against mine.

His soft moist lips rub up against mine, but I can only imagine what it would be like if it was Nathan here instead. Would his lips be dripping with saliva, would he cup my face or grab my back?

"Are we all good?" Alex suddenly asks.

"Just perfect." I smile.

"I think we should go out and grab ice-cream or something. I actually hate staying inside hotels on tour," he says.

"Why do you hate it, I thought you would have listed it?" I think of the time where Alex and I were hiding in the lobby and were trying to pressure the other person into leaving first. I thought he would opt to stay indoors, especially with the way he reacted to Lucy and I in the lobby over drawing attention to him.

"When you're stuck inside the hotel seeing the same four walls for months, it makes you home sick. But if you're out traveling around, exploring new cities – then it's easier to pretend you're right at home exploring," Alex explains.

 "But wouldn't you notice the differences from your home town to a strange place?"

Alex shakes his head and laughs, "You take notice of the things that remind you of home – and that's visiting an ice-cream parlour that does the trick for me." Alex's sudden confession about what he likes and how he feels at home is something a little deep and different from the side I normally hear.

"How come an ice-cream parlour bring you comfort?"

He shrugs his shoulders and grins down at me. As he shifts on his feet uncomfortably, more weight pressed on the right food and a hand slightly outstretched to balance. I wonder what he's hiding deep inside, or what secrets are uncomfortable that he just doesn't seem to want to share. When he doesn't utter another word or gesture to give himself away. It makes me even more curious – why the random place?

Taking a step forwards, I place my hands behind my back and look up at Alex with a cute pouty look on my face, "Please, please tell me why, you have me very curious."

"It's just." He takes a deep breath, "it's just a silly place that reminds me of my parents. My mother loves ice-cream and that's where my parents met. Sometimes when I sit inside the ice-cream parlour, I think of them and when we used to go to get ice-cream."

"That sounds really sweet, why would you be embarrassed?" I ask.

"I know I should be sad, or I think I should. But that's why I like to go there when I can."

"I'd love to go with you, I would appreciate it. I never thought you'd take me somewhere that would mean so much to you."

"I've been wanting to take you there, I just never found the time."

"Now seems perfect place to start." I close the space between us – only to reach past his side and grab my bag off the table. I'm glad I didn't change my clothing as well as giving Alex another chance. It's like he's my onion – there's many layers to him. Some of them are fragile and some of them are clear. There are many layers, too many that you can't see them all.