[Chapter Ten]

We swiftly arrive at the restaurant which is impressive for a mid-evening night. I'm instantly blown away by the carefully crafted interior of the restaurant which is a magical setting. It has a wooden finishing, which brings a rustic, but glamourous look with the twinkling aspects such as the grand chandelier hanging in the centre of the room. 

The hostess leads us through the restaurant, and towards the back which is seemingly less busy and crowded than the main section which is very confined.

"This will be your table for tonight," she says as she extends her arm out to the table in front of her.

We gather around and take our seats. Thankfully, the table is round so it means there's no awkward shaping that limits table conversation. Marine and Michael sit on the furthest side opposing us. Michael and Dad sit next to each other which means there's an open seat next to Marina and I.

It feels weird knowing their son will be sitting next to me, only because I don't know him. But hey, chance meets are interesting and I do need to learn to step out of my awkward quiet shell more often if I want to get anywhere.

We all start looking throughout menu, all the food dishes sound foreign. I don't understand any of the classy words they are using.

"Does everyone know what they want?" Michael asks.

"I'm not sure what anything is." I frown.

"You need a degree to read this menu," teases Marina to lift the spirits.

"Certainly do." Dad nods his head in agreement.

"I can order for everyone, if that's everyone's wishes?" offers Michael.

I nod my head thankfully. Although there's a small sense of worry in my stomach over letting somebody else order for me - what if I don't like it?

"That would be great," we all agree.

When the waitress returns, Michael excuse's himself from the table conversation and discreetly orders our food. There's a few different names of dishes which brings the idea we'll get a range of choices.

"Food will arrive within half an hour. That should be enough time for my son to join us," says Michael.

"Riley, why did you decide to come along to New York with your father?" Marina strikes up a conversation. I look over to Dad briefly to see that he's already engaged in a deep conversation with Michael about a new business scheme.

"Just to get out of town for the weekend. I've always wanted to see New York," I explain.

"Ah, New York is such a beautiful place, if you know all the right places of course." She eloquently lifts her shoulder and smiles at me.

I nod my head in agreement, "It's a shame I won't get the opportunity to stay for long."

"Sorry I'm late," a male voice calls out to the table, "and I brought a friend, hope that's okay."