[Chapter Twelve]

I take one step into the house and I already hear my name being called aloud

I take one step into the house and I already hear my name being called aloud. Heck, I haven't even wheeled my suitcase inside yet.

"Mr. Portman has a full schedule for you. Your first online interview is a ten, so I would suggest you shower and get read," explains Mom.

"Oh okay. Can you please email me the list of things?" I ask.

"No need to. I printed it and pinned the list to your board," she replies.

Mom makes her way down the hall and embraces me into a tight, bone-crushing hug that lifts me off my feet.

"I missed you," I say.

"So did I, honey." Mom settles me to the ground and takes a step back, "Hannah is at a friend's house and I'm going shopping. You've got the house to yourself, so have fun!" She picks up her bag from the entrance table and heads out the door.

"Okay, thanks," I call out.

"Tell me all about your weekend later, baby. Ice-cream is on sale and I refuse to be forced to eat that honey one again." I giggle at her small rant and let her go. The best thing about my mother, she'd still be here later to talk to.

After a long night of little sleep on the plane, I'd rather be curled up in a ball in bed sleeping to the soundtrack of my iPod. However, I know I need to get this interview done and everything else. I just wished pancakes would have been on the card for breakfast to get me through this long day.

I drag my suitcase up the stairs and into my bedroom. Once I'm inside, I dump the case at the bottom of my bed and head over to grab the page. I pluck it down from the board and read the instructions regarding my interview. When I'm done, I pin the paper on the board and smile.

"I can do this." I try to talk myself up.

Gripping the zipper, I undo the case and start rummaging through the content, in search of something else to wear. I pick out a red skirt with a rose pattern and a necklace with skulls on it.

"This would look nice with my stripy shirt, and leather jacket," I mumble to myself. I walk into my wardrobe and grab my clothing along with my make-up and rush to the bathroom. I shower and dress in my outfit and begin applying my make-up. When I'm finished, I take a picture of myself and send it to Lucy.

Within a second, I get an incoming call from Lucy.

"You know, I thought I'd get a hello, and in-depth explanation of your trip before you go prancing off somewhere else, superstar," Lucy says.

"I will endorse you in all of those amazing details, just after I finish up with today's work."

She groans very loudly, "Don't tease me! Please tell me your commitments won't take long and promise me this weekend was filled with boys and shopping," she begs.

Lucy makes me giggle. "It was an amazing weekend, and I have a present for you as well."

"Don't even!" she screams excitedly.