[Chapter Twenty Seven]

Chapter Twenty Seven

I'm so dead, is all I can think. My Dad is probably inside building a coffin for when he buries me in the hotel parking lot. He's probably going to kidnap Nathan and Alex and force them to dig the hole. Worse case, he's going to make me dig it without their help. I can't dig a hole in general, let alone in this dress.

"Sienna, it's time to get inside the elevator," says Alex. Taking a step back from him, I shake my head to try and postpone getting inside the machine that's going to take me to my death.

"Maybe we should stay down here for a little longer." The doors to the elevator close and I sign in relief. That gives me another five minutes of freedom to spend with two grumpy boys. It's not exactly the best five minutes of my life, but it's a start.

"We're late," is all Alex says before throwing me over his shoulder like a juvenile delinquent.

"My dress," I yell out, "you need to put me down," I insist.

Alex tugs the material over my bottom and then slaps my butt playfully. When the elevator doors open, he walks inside and both Nathan and Alex laugh. Nathan hits our floor button and the elevator doors quickly close. My stomach drops as I watch the metal doors close from my upside down view.

Despite being locked in the elevator secure, Alex chooses to keep me hanging over his shoulder. The blood rushes to my head and my hair sways back and forth. I'm glad when the doors ping open so that we can move.

When we get to my room, Alex places me on my feet and my cheeks are burning red.

"Thanks," I mutter.

The two are staring at me, so I make the first move and wave.

"I need to talk to Sienna privately," says Alex to Nathan.

"Oh sure." Nathan looks at the ground, "it was nice meeting you Sienna, see you around Alex." He waves and walks down the hall. Alex keeps his eyes trained on Nathan's body until he disappears around the corner and out of ear range.

He turns back to face me and grabs my hands in his.

"Despite the ending getting screwed up, I enjoyed myself tonight." He smiles.

Poking his side, I smile up at him and say, "doesn't matter, I think there was enough funny moments to compensate the running."

"We should sign you up for a personal trainer, you'd thank me in the long run," says Alex.

Holding my hand up, I laugh, "Nobody says thank you for endured physical work." To which Alex laughs at me.

"We'll see."

Changing the subject, I ask, "Do you want to meet up for breakfast tomorrow morning?"

"Will you be up in time?" he teases.

"Of course I will!" I shout.

"Sure, then we can talk things over before the interview," he adds.

"About that." I bite my lip, "so nervous about doing that. It's weird answering questions about oneself."

"You'll get used to it."

"I'm beginning to think that's your solution to everything."

"Just act like your normal, bubbly self and you'll be fine," he encourages.

"I better go, goodnight."

"Goodnight then," he whispers.

The air falls silent and Alex takes a couple of steps back. He waves and then turns his back to me as he walks to his door. I slowly rest my hand on the door knob and draw out the moment, hoping he comes back, but he continues to walk towards the door.