[Chapter Fifty Five]

Chapter Fifty Five

Sometimes I think people confuse me with a trick pony who jumps on demand without hesitation or complaint. There's only so many corrections and someone yelling that you can handle in one day let alone a small period of time.

"Smile wider Sienna. You want to look happy," the stage director shouts out. My cheeks are already beginning to sting from over smiling. We run through the end dance sequence of the concert, and I try to smile wider. When the music ends and he walks off with a gigantic smile on his own face, I assume everything's fine again.

"Do you ever get tired of smiling?" Nathan asks as he comes to stand next to me.

"Only forced smiles," I reply. Nathan chuckles and nods his head.

"You're very good at dancing," he compliments.

"Thanks, but I'm not that good." I wink.

Nathan stretches his hands above his heads and shakes out his legs. When he's finished stretching, he starts busting out some dance moves. I see limbs shaking and flying in all different directions. His interpretive dancing makes me chuckle and take a couple of steps backwards just in case a limb accidently flies out in the wrong direction.

When Nathan stops dancing, he laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Now, you need to teach me dance movies, Master," he says.

"Well young grasshopper, I know some simple moves." Taking Nathan's hand, I drag him into the front centre of the stage. The bright lights shining down are slightly blinding, but they also keep you on your toes.

"Start with your legs slightly parted, and your right hand straight but behind your leg." Nathan follows my instructions and soon mirrors me, "As the first beat of the opening verse comes on, you want to fall back with your left leg and on count, walk to the right." On cue, the lights dim and the music starts playing.

When the beat starts to come, I count to three and start walking as I sing the lyrics. Nathan tries his best to follow me as I skip down the side of the stage. There are a few moments I have to stop myself from laughing at his facial expressions and centre my attention to singing. At the end of those few counts, I stop and the music slowly fades out.

"I'm already puffed out and I wasn't even singing," Nathan says.

"You get used to if after a while. After this tour, the next one is going to feature more dance numbers. It should be good, but I know it's going to be hard to juggle with school."

"It'll be amazing to watch," he agrees.

"Come on, I'll teach you some more." Nathan nods his head and we walk up on the platform on the stage, "here's where we open." I quickly run through some dance moves before going through a second time and really slowing down the movements and breaking them down.

Together, we practise a couple of moves. I find myself laughing and adding in a couple more spins and turns to the dance. For once, dance practise doesn't seem like a forced activity, but rather a fun time with a friend.

Out of nowhere, I feel a pair of hands land on my waist. I'm quick to jump and turn around, only to see Alex with a small smile on his face.

"I was going to help you with your posture in the last move," he explains.

"Okay." I smile nervously.

Standing in front of him, Alex puts one hand back on my hip and the other on my shoulder. He pushes my back up straight and presses himself up against me.