[Chapter Forty Eight]

Chapter Forty Eight

Alex grumbles and rest his head against my shoulder, "How about shopping?" he suggests.

"No more shopping." I sigh, "I've done enough of that." Between all of my shopping trips with Lucy and Hannah and on top of Ava's clothing too — I have more than enough clothing to wear for the next three years. It's nice having new clothing, and it gives upcoming fashion designers a chance to showcase their beautiful work.

"What about a theme park?" Alex grins from ear to ear. I bet he's picturing himself sitting inside a fun ride.

"Is there even one around here?" I ask.

"I'm not sure," He frowns, "it's not like we could go to one either." Alex picks my hand up and starts playing with my fingers.

"One day we'll have to go to a theme park. Though we'll close it down for the day so we won't have that problem," I grin.

"Or lines," he points out, "and there's always the hotel's pool." I light up at the idea of swimming. I can already feel the warm water swirling around me as I climb deeper inside. The feeling of being completely weightless as I float around with no worries.

"But it's our last day in New York, and I feel like I haven't stepped outside the hotel to even see it." I frown. I'm standing in the middle of one of the most iconic places in the world and the most I've seen is the inside of my hotel room. I should be out on the street buying knock off I heart NY shirts or something spectacular like hailing a yellow taxi.

"We'll be back here soon enough and we can plan out a day trip to see all the sights." Nodding my head, that actually seems like a better idea. I don't think we would see much if we just run around like headless chickens.

 "We could get a massage?"

"Pool," Nathan says as he comes up from behind me. I quickly drop Alex's hand as I spin around to face him.

"Sienna can't go swimming with her mask," Alex reminds me, stepping to stand by my side.

"I don't have to get it wet," I add in, "I could float around in the shallow end of the pool." Alex has a sour look on his face while Nathan's smile immensely widens.

"Pool it is." I follow Nathan and Alex to the back of the lobby and then outside a large glass door. We are immediately taken outside to a sheltered pool. It's a large circle with a small circle like garden in the middle of it where you can sit. Around the pool is a beautiful red brick with rows of white sun chairs. The side furthest from us looks like the shallow end because of the large steps.

"Guys, we don't have bathers," I remind them. The pool area is completely empty considering it's a lovely day outside and there wouldn't be much use for it.

"Who needs bathers?" Nathan shouts.

He rips his shirt over his head as he charges towards the pool. He throws himself forwards, launching his slender body into the air. Nathan flies for a millisecond before crashing into the smooth crystal blue water. As Nathan's body breaks through the water and it splashes onto us.

"I need bathers," I answer Nathan.

"Bathers are like underwear," Alex shrugs his shoulders, "therefore you can just swim in what you've got." He smiles, but I can see the mischievous look lurking in the pools of his blue eyes.

"Says the one who is fully dressed in clothes. I'm wearing a crop top and mini skirt," I remind him as I wave my hand down my body. His eyes trail down my body and then back up to my face.