[Chapter Thirteen]

You can skip this chapter // repeated // will be fixed in editing :)

Chapter Thirteen

"Mr Portman called and he's already got a full schedule for you today, so I suggest you unpack your things, shower and get ready. Your first online interview is at ten," Mum say the second I step foot inside the house. Heck, I haven't even wheeled my suitcase inside yet.  

"Please email me the list of things I need to do, thank you," I ask.

"I've already printed and pinned it to the board in your room," she explains before embracing me in a hug.  "Hannah is also at her friend's house, and I'm going shopping - so you'll have the whole house to yourself," she continues to say. 

"Thanks." I smile.

"Once I've finished, you must tell me all about your weekend in New York!" she happily says.

"Okay, I look forwards to it."

"I'm glad your home safe, I've missed you." My mother smothers me in another hug. I have to pull away from her.

"I'm glad to be home as well, I've been missing everyone too, weird," I conclude.

"See you later." She kisses my cheek and walks out the front door.

After spending all night on the plane and not sleeping, I really want to curl up in bed and fall asleep to the soundtrack of my iPod. However it would seem people have other things in mind for me. I can do this, interview and then sleep. I can't help think that pancakes for breakfast would be a great way to start this morning... this very long morning.

Dragging my suitcase behind me, I make it up the stairs and down to my bedroom. Once I'm inside, I dump the case on my bed and search for the instructions on my pinup board.

There's a folded piece of paper pinned in the middle of the board. I pluck it down and read the content. It's instructions regarding who my interviews are with, how to access and prepare myself – that kind of thing.

 "At least I can wear my new clothing, which must count for something," I grumble under my breath.

Pinning the paper back up, I turn and face my bed. "Let's do this!" I try to say in an encouraging way.

I unzip the suitcase and begin hunting through its content in search for the right outfit. This is going to be my first break out interview, I want to look good. I pick out my new red skirt with a rose patter, and a necklace that has skulls on it.    

"This would look nice with my stripy shirt, and leather jacket," I mumble to myself.

Walk into my wardrobe, I grab out my other clothing items and lay them out on the bed. Once I feel like my outfit looks decent, I grab it, along with my makeup case and rush in the bathroom so that I can begin getting ready.  

Once I shower, and then dress. I closely inspect my outfit. There's something about it that just looks off... Like it needs something else. Grabbing my phone, I take a picture and send it to Lucy – she'll know what to do.

While I'm waiting for her to reply, I do my make-up. I put on some red lipstick and a small touch of black eyeliner.   

Just as I finish, I receive an incoming call from Lucy.

"You know, I thought I'd get a hello, and in depth explanation of your trip before you go prancing off somewhere superstar," Lucy says.

"I thought so too, but I have a few things to do before I can endorse you in my amazing weekend away."