[Chapter Eleven]

Dinner is beautiful, yet exhausting all at the same time. After a day like today, I just want to curl up and go to sleep already.

"Riley dear, you look exhausted," Marina states.

Suddenly all their eyes land on mine. I start to squirm under their heavy gaze and sit up straighter.

"Yes, just a little bit." I stifle a yawn.

"We should retire from dinner," Dad suggests.

"The kids can retire to the hotel, we have business to discuss," Michael says.

"Sounds great." Nathan quickly stands up. I stumble to my feet and walk around the table to join Nathan and Alex. I feel my heart beating wildly in my chest as I chase after them.

The lines between reality and dreams have been blurred these last couple of days. It's hard to sense what is real, what will stay and won't disappear tomorrow morning. Our car pulls in front of the hotel and the three of us climb out. Alex takes the lead and walks straight into the lobby.

I'd been dreaming of this moment since forever, to get the opportunity to actually meet Alex Bray, but now I get the chance to spend the night with him I'd rather spend it with Nathan.

"What did you guys want to do?" There's excitement in his voice, and a spring in his step. "I'd offer my room, but my manager has stripped me of all privileges – including a television because I might get distracted by it," he grumbles.

"Aw, that's no good." I pout.

"I'm stuck share a room with this guy," Nathan grumbles.

"Really?"

"Yes," they both answer harmoniously.

"There were a few complications when I first started the arrangement – which I think you already know about. Things happened, Mr. Archibald and Steve-o my manager got angry, and decided to lock me up with him." Alex points at Nathan.

"It sounds bad," Nathan says. "But it's been rather a bonding experience."

Alex smiles fondly at the two of us. "I've never felt more alive," he concludes.

Both boy's look at me, both their eyes sparkling with want. I know my father is going to flip out at the idea of having two boys alone in the hotel room - but it's Alex Bray and Nathan, he'd want me to entertain the son of his prospective client.

"I guess we could go back to my room," I nervously say.

"Awesome, I'm in desperate need to watch some television," Alex declares.

The three of us climb into the earliest free elevator. As soon as the doors open, Alex takes of skipping down the hall until he freezes on the spot, and turns to stare at us.

"Which room?" he calls out.

"Two doors down," Nathan answers. I'm taken back by the fact Nathan still remembers what room I'm currently staying in. A lot has happened between now and the time he first delivered my pancakes.