[Chapter Thirty]

Chapter Thirty

I walk straight over to the stool near the piano and pick the guitar up while Alex settles behind the piano.

"I sort of wrote this a while ago, and it needs tweaking." I look down at the ground, then back at his eyes, "but I really want the song on the album."

"Okay." He nods his head, "I want to hear your voice."

"Promise you won't laugh?" I feel a little heated with his heavy gaze on me.

"I promise I won't, Sienna."

My fingers brush over the strings and I take a deep breath. I want to get myself into the moment so that the song sounds amazing. I let the thoughts and voices consume my mind. I open my heart and let it feel.

"I'm trying to justify your actions with the words you've said,
they all, mean nothing to me
." My fingertips burn against the steel strings, I haven't had the chance to play in a while.

"Finally, I'm reaching out for something more,
So don't! Don't hold me back...
I'm finally going for what I want
."

"Take me as I am.
I'm the only person I'll ever be.
If you don't want me,
why are you still calling' me...
Take me as I am
." The sound of the piano makes me jump, but I see Alex pressing keys trying out different melodies to fit the song. You'd think I'd be used to the intrusion.

"You're trying to justify your actions,
with a feeling of love.
What do you know about, anything?
What do you even know about me?"
I sing my heart out.

When I suddenly stop playing, I look up at Alex and he smiles brightly.

"She's a worked, but a good base," he says.

"Do you really think so?"

"I think the song would reach its potential with an acoustic set, maybe an external voice to aid your vocals." Alex comes to life as he explains all his ideas and thoughts for the song, which internally brings me to life.

"Do you know what happens next?" I ask.

"What?" asks a confused Alex.

"I get the pleasure of hearing a song from you, an original too." I grin.

Alex opens his mouth to protest, but I shake my head and hand him the guitar. Instead of saying anything, he takes the guitar and puts the strap over his head.

"It's just something off the top of my head," he warns, "can't promise it'll be any good."

"Just get to the song." I nod my head, "everything doesn't need to be perfect, you just need to try."

Alex plays a few strings and turns the tuning keys on the end of the guitar to tune the string.  After the strings are fixed and sound crisp, he plays a few chords here and there before falling into a catchy melody. 

"Can you stay with me tonight,
I heard you like the starry skies,
I could show you were not so different after all
," he holds the ending note.                         

One of the things I enjoy about watching someone sing, is seeing them come alive. The swirl of emotion in their voice, their physical reaction and how they tell the story but look so lost in the story as well.

"We can be together,
I heard you like the stars,
So tonight,
Can you be my shining star?" The song leaves me with an overall chilled feeling creeping up my spine. The song is so emotional and adorable at the same time, I'm glad he decided to take the challenge and sing something new and original. I feel inspired.