Chapter 13

Chapter 13....

When Liam, Harry, and Niall came back from cleaning up, we decided to have chocolate ice cream with marshmallows.

Zayn basically never let go of my hand since we got married. Everyone was having a great time, until Emma asked me a really stupid question. Well, it was stupid to me at least, she asked me why my parents were not at the wedding. All of my friends parents were at my wedding, of course except mine. No-one except Zayn actually knew the truth about my past. All the others knew was, my parents abandoned me when I was in grade nine.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell us" Taylor assured me with a gentle smile.  They were all my close friends, so I guess I could tell them.

"No, I guess I could tell you" I mumbled.

"Are you sure?" Zayn asked, squeezing my hand. I nodded, I knew it would be hard to tell them, but I also knew I would fell better after telling them.

"So as you know, In high school... people considered me quite, nerdy and dorky... I would always hang out with Harry and Emma. Well, basically you can say that I was having a really hard time at home" I started 

"Was it because of stress?" Liam asked.

"no, my parents were always busy with there things. They both used there money for buying drugs. We didn't really get along and they never bothered asking me how I was doing... more important they never even remembered when my birthday was" I was crying now. Zayn wiped away my tears.

"one day, when I came back from school, I found a note that said we are sorry, we couldn't be good parents. But we're running out of money and we don't have enough to raise you. We sold this house, so you'll have to find a place to stay. sorry, we really needed money. Me and your father will move somewhere else. We don't want you to get in trouble from the police, because of us. We are extremely sorry and I am sure, you won't forgive us. As a mother, I know I failed, I never took my time to get to know you. But we think that if we leave you, you'll be able to start afresh. Hopefully, you can manage to find a place to stay." I said, I still remembered that letter, because it bothered my all the time. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Taylor had water in her eyes.

"But then I met you guys" I forced a small smile. " and I was able to smile again and I was starting to forget everything that happened" 

"Soon I started to like Zayn, although I tried to fight off the feeling because he already had a girlfriend.  Me and him started to hang out and then he started to like me as well. So, he broke up with his girlfriend. I felt bad. but I knew, he might as well tell her the truth. He had no feelings for her, I am not trying to be mean, but think about it, you wouldn't want to date someone who likes someone else" I said and Zayn squeezed my hand. I rested my head on Zayn's shoulder, while he put his arm around me.

"I just want you to know, you will always have us by your side" Niall said and by the look of the others, I knew they all agreed with Niall.

"okay, now.. cheer up! let's watch a movie" Harry suggested

"yeah, let's watch your favourite movie" Zayn smiled.

"alright... how about Gone?" I said.

"no... how about the hunger games?" Taylor asked

"Already seen it a million times" I responded

"let's watch a scary movie" I said and they seemed to agree.

"Which one?" I asked

"it's surprise" Niall replied

Niall put the CD in the DVD player and I sat comfortably on the couch, on Zayn's lap, with a blanket.  The movie begun and suddenly Emma gets up and starts to go towards the stairs.

"What happened?" I asked her as she was about to go upstairs. 

"I forgot my phone" She replied and I went back to watching the movie and so did the others. Before I knew it, I was starting to fall asleep. My eyes shut, but they opened by the sound of girl, calling my name.... more like whispering.

"Who called my name?" I panicked.

"No-one" Zayn assured me, "It was probably your imagination" 

right... just my imagination, I promised myself. Zayn pulled my head to his chest, meaning everything is fine, calm down, and I can go back to sleep. He kissed the top of the head and wrapped an arm around me.

 I watched the movie for a while and since it was a scary movie, I was ready to get scared. Suddenly, a face popped up on the screen. The face had scars on it and her hair had knots and it was long, and her teeth were not the best either. Her eyes gave me chills, it almost felt like she was watching me.

I closed my eyes for a while and waited for the face to go away. I opened my eyes and the face was gone. I fell asleep again and when I woke up it was morning and I was in my room. I look at Zayn, who was on his phone. He smiled as he looked away from his phone screen, and he leaned down to kiss me.

"who bought me up here?" I asked.

"I did, I carried you" he winked.

"was I heavy?" I joked, although I kind of meant it.

"you heavy?, your funny!" He laughed.

"anyways, everyone's out, except us" He grinned. 

"uh- huh" I replied and got off the bed and slid on my slippers.

"Were Alone" He repeated himself. That's when I found out what he really meant.

I hated the way I looked in the morning. I quickly brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I changed into sweat pants along with a tank top. I combed my hair and finally I looked better. I exit the washroom and Zayn was not in the room. I put my old clothes in the laundry and searched for Zayn, I can't lie but I was starting to get a little scared. I check under the bed, although that would be a stupid place to hide.

Someone pulls me and when I got to see who it was, I smiled. It was Zayn.

" Where were you hiding?" I asked

"don't worry, I just wanted to see how you would react" He responded. "so Mrs. Malik? what do you want to do?" 

I took me a while to notice that I was Mrs. Malik. I had to get used to my new last name and the fact that me and Zayn were husband and wife.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"well, it's our first day... after our marriage, so let's make it special" He smiled and I wanted to make memories, I want to be able to make this day special. I nodded in agreement. " Fun... I can do that" I grinned and I  let him pull me closer.