Chapter 36

Ch 36

I cant move it feels like the whole world is closing in on me and crushing me. I feel Alecks heat move away but I still cant move. When I finally come out of it we are in the hospital parking lot. 

"Aleck what if hes not ok" 

"don't think like that" 

"wait were are my babies" 

"with Shelly" 

"ok"  

Aleck takes my hand and leads me into the hospital. We walk in the same time joshes mom does. 

"we are here to see Josh Milon" 

"Only two people can go back" 

She looks around 

"Me and Jenny" 

"ok come on back" 

I reluctantly let go of Alecks hand. As we follow the nurse joshes mom, Amy, takes my hand. They lead us into what looks like a family waiting room and it freaks me out. This cant be good. The doctor comes in and I freeze he wont look us in the face. He looks at joshes mom. 

"im guessing youre the mother" 

She nods her head 

"well the thing is he was hit hard by a car and the motorcycle went way out of control" 

"oh god" 

"he is in critical condition we have him on a respirator to help him breath and let his body heal so it can function. Hes lucky hes even here at all." 

Amy starts sobbing. I look up at the doctor. 

"when can we see him" 

"right now if you want" 

"please" 

I stand up and take Amys hand. The doctor leads us back to his room. I look at the bed and I can't breath. The tubes awful and he is so still that I can't take it. I quickly walk over to the bed and take his hand. 

"josh you can't do this to me, you can't do this to your mother, you can't do this to your sisters. Josh please" 

Amy comes and sits in the chair next to where im standing. 

"joshy we need you" 

Ashlynn comes to the door so I leave so she can go in. I walk out to the waiting room and as soon as I see Aleck I run into his arms and start sobbing. 

"i can't plan a wedding with him like this" 

"then we will postpone it, ill always want to marry you whether its two weeks from now or two years from now." 

"are you sure" 

"of course" 

"hes on a respirator" 

"oh man" 

"he is so still its horrible" 

"oh jenny, babe it will be ok" 

"promise?" 

he sighs "i promise ill do what ever I can to make it ok" 

"what if its not" 

"then its not" 

"he can't die" 

"you have to be prepared for the worst" 

"ill die without him" 

he puts me at arms length and looks me in the face. 

"jenny are you still in love with him"