Chapter 23

Ch 23

I cant sleep I'm still wrapped in his arms. I cant believe what happened just a few hours ago. I kissed Aleck and I'm pretty sure i liked it. I just never looked at him as more than a friend but now that i think about it he was always protective over me and seemed to genuinely care. I have already decided to give this a chance. Maybe it will work out. He still does not know the other parts of my past and i don't know if i will ever tell him. It is the past for a reason. After we kissed we stayed silent until the fireworks were over. i told him i was tired. I wanted to be alone but of course we are in the same room and he is right next to me. To be honest with myself i don't know if i can truly love him. I am damaged. Maybe this isn't a good idea i mean Elliot will be here in just 17 weeks. Ugh i dont know what to do. Maybe at least this way if things did work out she would maybe have a father figure. Im startled out of my thoughts by Aleck 

"Hey beautiful are you ok" 

Oh what the fuck. I make a split decision. 

"Hey babe ya I'm fine just cant sleep" 

"Do you want me to rub your back until you fall asleep" 

I smile my mom used to rub my back every night when i was younger. 

"Yes" i say smileing 

Before long i feel myself drifting off to sleep. 

.......... 

The next morning Aleck wakes me up with a kiss. 

"Good morning beautiful" 

I smile "Good morning" 

"You ready to go home?" 

"Not really but i have to my parents will be waiting on me" 

"I don't want you to leave either" 

"Then why don't we just lay here another 5 minutes" 

I smiles and cuddles up to me "ok" 

I kiss his nose then snuggle into his chest 

"You are so cute Jenny." 

I hide my face from him 

"You're blushing arn't you" 

"Hehe no" 

"liar" 

"Fine" 

He lifts my chin up "Jennifer Gracelynn will you be my girlfriend" 

"Well duh silly" 

Before i know it his lips are crashing onto mine.  

He pulls away and smiles "good" 

He drops me off at home and i instantly go up stairs to shower i feel gross and want to get cleaned up before the birthday madness begins. I cant believe im 18. I take a quick shower and wrap my towel around me before i head into my room to find some cloths. I open the door and scream. 

"Omg what are you doing here" 

"Shelly let me in i decided to wait for you up here i forgot you come out here to get dress" 

"Well can you turn around so i can get dress" 

"Jenny" 

"Turn" 

He chuckles then turns around as i walk to my closet to grab some cloths. 

"You know its not like i haven't seen you naked before" 

"I dont care" 

I can feel him smiling i get dressed quickly. 

"Ok you can look" 

He turns around"good" 

"So Josh what are you doing in my room" i say laughing a little 

"Well its your birthday and i have to give you your present" 

"Oh you didnt have to get me anything i say looking at my feet" 

"Yes i did I L- care about you you're my friend" 

"Awe you're so sweet my friend" 

He smiles "i know now open it" he says while giving me a little box. I open it and gasp its a beautiful neckless with three hearts surrounded by little diamonds and it says "today,tomorrow,always". 

"Oh Josh this is so beautiful" 

"Its uhh to represent our friendship, friends forever right?" 

I smile "yes" 

"So if you don't mind me asking. Where were you this morning i came over but you weren't here" 

"Oh i was with Aleck we went to a party last night and we were both to tired to go home" 

"Oh cool cool so is he like your boyfriend now..." 

"Yep we made it official this morning" 

I swear i see his face falter when i say this but it was so slight and i almost didn't even see it, maybe i was just imagining it. 

"Im happy for you, he better treat you right" 

"He does" 

"Good if-if he EVER does what chase did to you ill kill him"  

he said with anger in his voice. I put my hand on his arm. 

"He wont hes a good guy" 

"Good" 

"So uh you wanna stay for lunch Shelly's probably cooking because its my birthday" 

"Sure i would love to have lunch with the birthday girl" 

I smile "come on then im starving!" 

He laughs and follows me downstairs. I walk in the kitchen and find Shelly cooking. 

"Mom whats for dinner" 

She smiles "the birthday girls favorite" 

"chicken nuggets with mac n cheese" 

Josh who is right beside me laughs 

I look at him "what" 

"Nothing" 

"No tell me" 

"Well you are 18 but you eat like a 3 year old" 

"Jerk" 

"Iv been called worse" 

Shelly starts laughing "now now children stop" she says winking at us. 

I stick my tongue out and Josh does the same. 

"Hey Jenny can you go tell the boys lunch is ready" 

"Will do" 

I go into the boys room and grab them one in each arm. 

"Put us down" 

i giggle "fine" 

They run down stairs and i follow them. After we eat me and josh decide to make a cake. Well more like i force him hehe. I'm mixing when i feel the splat of an egg on my head. 

"Josh you are dead" 

I say turning around and plopping a hand full of cake mix on his head. Within 2 minutes we are both covered in batter,flour,eggs etc. Finally we stop and i go up stairs to grab towels out of the bathroom so we can clean up the mess. I grab a pile of towels and head down stairs. A few steps down i slip and slide all the way to the bottom i scream out in pain and Josh comes running. 

"Jenny! Are you ok" 

I feel faint so i close my eyes 

"Jenny stay awake come on jenny" 

He pulls me into his arms "oh god your head is bleeding, SHELLY CALL 911 Jenny fell down the stairs" i here sirens before i finally black out.