Leaf Pile Chapter 32

I woke up to cool air flowing through the cottage. This was our last day in Ohio and I wanted to make it worth wile. I checked the time to see that it was only 7am which ment I had about two hours until everybody was up. I put on some black joggers that had two white stripes going down the side and paired that with a light pink oversized hoodie. I got my superstars on (ik basic, right?) and grabbed the book I was reading. "It" is what the book was called. I loved the movie so why not read it? I went to the living room and curled up on the couch that was next to the real fireplace and read.

"Hey little one!" I heard, snapping me out of my reading trance. I looked at the clock to see that it was 8:30. It didn't seem like I was reading for that long. I looked at Ivan as he smiled his signature goofy smile.
"Hey, Iv." I stood up and kissed him on the cheek.
"Go get dressed, I wanna make a leaf pile!" I jumped up and down exitedly.
"Why would you want a pile of dead leaves?" He liked at me confused. I gasped.
"You've never made a leaf pile?!"
"No, why?" He asked, but I just pushed him into his room.
"Get dressed and we will talk while we are raking leaves into a pile."

I called Jake, Chance and Anthony. They came over to help while the rest of us were already here.
"Honey, this leaf pile looks hit!" Chad yelled as he ran outside. The twins and I had just started so it wasn't any good yet. We were making it beside an old trampoline that the cottage had in its backyard.

"Okay jake paulers, so we made this huge leaf pile with almost every leaf on the street and now we are gonna have some FUN!!" Jake shouted at the camera. I laughed as Ivan struggled to brush all of the leaves out of his "precious" hair. Chad jumped in first. Of course, being Chad, he had to get tazed while he jumped in.

"Can I try?" Ivan finally spoke up. We all nodded and made the leaf pile back up for him. He got onto the trampoline and before I could tell him not to, he jumped from a pretty big height.
"Ow." Ivan grunted as he tripped out of the leaf pile after his big landing. He was holding his ankle.
"Ivan! Are you okay?" I asked nervously. He shook his head as tears threatened to spill from his eyes.
"I dont get why you americans like to jump in piles of dead leaves. It hurts." Ivan chuckled.
"I'm Canadian." I told him. He smiled at me and nodded. He was still clutching his hurt ankle

"Broken." The nurse declared.
"His ankle is broken. Pretty darn bad for a leaf pile." She chuckled.
"It's alright, we will put him on some meds so it doesn't hurt very much and wrap him all up. He should be okay in a month or so." She told me, then walked out of the room. I turned to ivan and he looked very scared.
"What?" I asked. Then Emilio erupted with laughter from the other side of the hospital bed.
"How am I supposed to tell my mom that i broke my ankle jumping in a pile of dead leaves?" Ivan asked. I giggled at his terrified expression.
"She gonna kill me." He whispered.
"Its okay, Emi will help you." I giggled.
"What? No!" Emilio yelled.
"Yup, yes." I said as I picked up ivans backpack from the white polished floor and helped him up. Jake gave him his cruches and we all walked out of the hospital.

"Lexi, I've told you ten times, it doesn't hurt!" Ivan chuckled as I wrapped up his foot. I really didn't wanna hurt him. He was quite fragile.
"Okay, but you are tired, yah?" I asked. He yawned and nodded.
"the doctor said you would those meds make you sleepy." I smiled at him. Chad and Alex helped me with all of the supplies I had to use on his ankle while I helped him into bed.
"Can you turn on the fan?" Ivan asked me before tugging off his sweater.
"I'm gonna go to my bed. For the last time, are you comfortable?" I asked him, causing him to chuckle and bring me into a light hug. He pulled away a bit but his hand were still around my waist.
"I'm perfect. Thanks to you." He whispered before kissing me lightly. I pulled away and got up to leave. He grabbed my hand before I left.
"Thanks, Little One. Thanks for everything." He said sincerely before I left.