They're Back! Chapter 23

I stood in the airport with the rest of the team, waiting for my two favorite people to come back. Martina stood beside me, eagerly waiting for Emilio to come home. I was really exited to see Ivan. From the sounds of it, he hasn't been doing so well. There was an attack on Barcelona a few days ago and he mentioned over the phone, that one of the victims wore his merch.

I heard Martina gasp and run, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.  Emilio had dropped his bags at Ivans feet and ran to hug Martina. Ivan looked sick. He had bags under his eyes, and his lips were cracked. His hair looked like sombody had just messed it up, and his nose was red. Yet, he still wore a soft smile on his handsome face as he looked me right in the eyes. I smiled knowing that he was finally home, and started to make my way over to him. He came closer to me as well. After what was only a week, but seemed like forever, we were together again. He hugged me softly and we stayed there until the rest of the team came, causing us to break the hug.

As we made our way to the bright orange Team 10 van, I noticed that the twins hadn't so much as looked at Jake since they got here. They weren't ones to hold a grudge but I guess I'd be sad too.
"I'm tired." Ivan mumbled sleepily as he rested his head on my shoulder.  I patted his leg.
"We'll be home soon, you can go in my bed since I won't use it 'till tonight and it's more comfy." I told him.
"Umhm" He hummed a yes. I contined to stare at him. I couldn't look away, he was just so beautiful. He could be half zombie and I would still call him handsome.
"Staring?" He mumbled. I looked away quickly, causing him to chuckle. His eyes were still closed, as if he were asleep.

I watched Ivan as he went up the stairs into my room. Emilio and Martina made their way to the backyard, hands interlocked. I didn't think much of it, I knew that Martina had a crush on Emilio but they've known each other for quite awhile now. I shrugged it off and went to the empty kitchen. Almost the whole house was empty because we dropped Erika and Tessa off at Tessas set, and Chance, Anthony and Landon wanted to go paintball in while we took Alex, Chad, Kade, Tristan and Nick to Tristans. That left jake, Martina, Martinez and I. I heard small sniffles coming from the office. Me, being the mom type person I am, thought sombody was hurt and needed help. Turns out, I was right.  Sombody was hurt, and needed help, just... not in the way I was thinking.

I walked over and saw Jake. His back was facing me and he seemed to not know I was there. He had his hoodie sleaves over his hands as he chewed on the edge of it, tears streaming down his red face.
"J-Jake?" I whispered. He flinched.
"Are you okay?" I asked quietly. He wiped his damp face and shrugged, still not looking at me. He turned in his chair and looked down.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I messed up, I messed up so freaking bad." His regret filled voice was muffled because his head was now in his hands. I rubbed his back soothingly.
"How did you mess up?" I asked. Somthing about seeing Jake like this made me know that he was truly sorry for whatever he did.
"I may have ruined an amazing friendship with two Spanish twins." He mumbled. I looked down at my feet.
"It was just for the song, people kept saying it. I thought that it would just go over their heads and they'd think it's a compliment. Or I was hoping that they'd understand. I didn't invite them here just because we needed to replace the Dolan twins.... I invited them because they are so sweet and funny and super smart and they're so loyal, they always know what to say... they're just..amazing people, and that's truly why they are here." He whispered, holding back tears. I heard shuffling and looked up at  the kitchen counter.  Ivan and Emilio stood there, looking at Jake with soft smiles and tears in their ocean blue eyes. They shared a quick look and went over to Jake. Jake still had his head in his hands, so he didn't know. Ivan cleared his throat, causing Jakes head to snap up.
"Thanks, man." Emilio said, before hugging him.
"Yah, you're the big brother I never had." Ivan told him, causing Emilio to shove him and Ivan to begin to crack up on the floor. Soon Martina came in and we were all laughing really hard because Ivans laugh was addicting.

Finally, this complicated friendship had been solved, simply by Jake confessing how much he cares for the two amazing boys who almost always stood beside him.