Around Town Chapter 11

I woke up to numerous phone notifications and then ringing. I groggily sat up and reached for my phone but before I could grab it I heard talking from beside me.
"Emilio, I'm fine. I found a place to stay and I only got chased once. Tell jake and the others that I'm perfectly fine." Ivans husky morning voice spoke. As my mind finally processed what happened last night and what time it was, I screamed. Ivan jumped up and covered my mouth with his hand.
"¡Saca tu mano de mi boca sabe a gel de pelo!" My yelling was muffled by his hand. (Get your hand off of my mouth it tastes like hair gel!)
"¿Qué? ¿Por qué tiene sabor a gel de pelo?" Ivan asked while slowly removing his hand. (What? Why does it taste like hair gel?)
"I don't know probably because you are always running your hands through your hair." I said while getting out of my bed.
"Um, are your parents awake?" He asked.
"Definitely. " I told him.
"I will talk to them while you go down the ladder. Just wait for me at the bottom." He nodded as I walked downstairs.
"Hey guys." I greeted my mom and dad.
"Hi honey, come sit, we're eating breakfast together." My mom explained. My eyes widened.
"Um, mom I uh-" She cut me off.
"Do you have plans?" She asked happily.
*knock knock* I sighed in relief. My dad went to the door so I followed. My eyes widened as I saw Ivan at the door. I wasn't sure if my parents would recognize him, but if he said his name then the really would.
"Hola, I'm Sebastian. I am here because Lexi was going to help me with writing." He explained to my father. I just stood in pure shock. I snapped back into reality.
"Yeah, Sebastian. W-we uh. We gotta go. We don't have all day." I said as Ivan began to step through the door. I quickly took his hand and led him outside.
"Bye! Nice meeting you!" Ivan shouted to my parents.
"What was that?!" I whisper shouted at him.
"It helped, and I think they like me." He smirked.
"Let's go have breakfast at Tim Hortons. Usually people under the age of 50 only come after 12." I told him as we began to walk. He nodded. We talked and talked. It was awesome to have Ivan back, but I left to get away from publicity. Maybe walking around town with a celebrity wasn't the best idea I've ever had. We entered and ordered bagels with orange juice. We were talking when the little bell went off signaling sombody coming in. I looked over to see that my ex best friend had begun to order. She had a fake martinez twins phone case. I quietly signaled Ivan to duck in our booth. He ducked as Sydney walked over.
"Would you stop being so rude." She said in a white girl voice.
"What was I doing?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.
"You were totally staring. I think that you are jealous. You are just upset that you aren't popular, smart, cool or pretty." She smirked. Right as she was turning around, ivan popped up. His face was red with anger. Her words upset him more than they did me. He smiled at her with a very fake smile.
"Um, I'm Ivan martinez," He spoke. She stood in shock.
"Lexi is my best friend and she has been for the past few months. I'm absolutely positive that she is much more smart, kind, awesome, savage, friendly, talented, cool and beautiful than you. Now if you would mind, you can never talk to her again. Thank you." He snapped as he grabbed my waist and scooped me into his arms and ran out of the store with me. He put me down. I hugged his neck tight and he hugged my waist.
"Thanks for that." I said into his shoulder.
"I only told the truth." He whispered.
"Now, let's have some fun, I don't really need to be back until tonight so... any fun places that not many people go to?" He asked, shrugging. I smirked.
"I know a place."