Chapter 9

"Dr.Byun, you should watch what you say." I warned him sternly "There's more danger when you're around people with guns."

He ruffle his hair in frustration "That's why I'm only telling you. Just come see for yourself." He held my hand and drag me into his room. He look out before locking the door.

There was a girl laying on his bed. She was all bruised and her leg feet was put in a cast. I couldn't help but get emotional but Dr.Byun was always there to keep me strong.

"Are you positive it's a South soldier?" I questioned.

The girl sit closer to Dr.Byun, clinging on him as if her life depends on it. I understand how scared she is. My childishness and jealousy have no space for this matter. I must find out if we're hiding a spy here.

"Yes. Though I couldn't remember his face clearly," she sob "I-I'm sure Lieutenant. He's wearing the same uniform as you and it had the South's flag in it....please. I-I'm begging you...save me."

"Don't worry." Dr.Byun wipe her tears "You're safe here with us."

I nodded in agreement "Do you know why he was there? The South Korean soldier?"

"He...He was giving orders. L-Lieutenant, you must help my friends. They took them too!"

My eyes couldn't meet hers. I don't know if I could do anything in this matter after we got the order to let it go. I feel really frustrated with myself.

I kneel down to meet the girl's eyes and forced a smile "I'll see what I can do but for now...don't tell anyone about what you saw. Forget everything,ok? This is for your own sake."

She look at Dr.Byun for reassurance and he returned it with a nod, patting her head "We don't want anyone taking advantage of you." He said before tucking her in for bed "Rest more. I'll come back later to check on you."

When we exit his room, I collapse on the hospital bed, feeling so overwhelmed. I'm so confuse. Who are the people really involved with kidnapping kids? With this slavery?

Dr.Byun sat next to me "Shouldn't we tell Captain Park?"

I look at him then close my eyes tightly "You won't tell anyone about this and hide that girl. It's an order."

He scoff which made me open my eyes "Did you say something?" I ask.

"I'm not a soldier. I don't take anyone's order. That girl needs help and protection!" He raised his voice.

I stared at him in disbelief. Did he just got mad at me?

I tried to calm down "What do you want me to do?"

"As a soldier, shouldn't you guys protect people? I can't hide the girl any longer. We should ask help from the higher ups and find out who's behind all this. They need the Korean soldiers so bad."

I think I was being so sensitive that I started yelling at him "You don't understand anything! They want us to close our eyes regarding this problem! It's easier said than done so don't question my position as a soldier! You got no say on this! You're just a doctor!"

"Why are you yelling at me?" He questioned "You asked me what you should do! I simply answered!"

I run my hand through my hair in anger. The feeling just rush through me non-stop. I don't know but I couldn't control my feelings. I'm just so stress and furious. I have to let it all out and Dr.Byun is probably having a hard time too.