Chapter 6

While doing the best of my ability to help the people who got hurt, my eyes can't avoid the guy who finally decided to show up after disappearing like a ghost. I still couldn't believe my eyes...From time to time I think maybe I'm turning into Shantel.

He's gotten more handsome...the way he moves looks so magical. The caring expression on his face as he look after the wounded is just-

"Uhm...perhaps, have you seen first Sergeant Lee Jihoon?" I felt a tap on my shoulder, interrupting my thoughts.

The girl who came with Baekhyun earlier now stand in front of me. I think she's student of his.

"You mean Command Sergeant Lee?" I asked.

"Ohhh...so he's a command sergeant now. That's nice." She smiled "So, where is he?"

I look around,looking for Woozi. In fact, I haven't seen him since everything was in chaos here at the medi-cube.

When Jong Dae passed by me, I asked him "Where's Sergeant Jihoon?"

His face fell then he glance at the girl next to me "Are you a doctor?" He asked in a hurry then grab the girl "We need your help!" I watch as the two of them ran towards the emergency room. I have no idea what's happening.

"What's all that chaos?"

My body froze upon hearing his voice behind me...why am I feeling so weird? It wasn't like this before...

"I-I don't know." I didn't dare turn around and instead, I continue checking some medicines. After putting all of it on the tray, I turn around. Only to bump into Baek, causing for me to drop the tray.

I quickly kneel down, grabbing all the medicines but through the process, his hand touched mine. I looked up at him, not moving.

He stared back. For the first time today, I got to look at him this close.

"Don't worry Lieutenant Yoon, I'll help with the patients." He smiled then picked up the tray "We'll go through this together."

"...thanks." I stood up after him, grabbing the tray and walked away. I didn't know what to say. I was awkward.

On my way to my patients, I saw Jihoon (Woozi) go out of the emergency room with the girl from before following behind him. He looked like he's troubled.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The kid is still in coma." He answered.

"He'll wake up, ok? I already took a look on him. You gave him the right operation he needed." The girl told him, grabbing his shoulder but Jihoon just walked away.

The girl sigh.

"...will the kid really be ok? Sergeant Lee is not dumb. If he's being like this...there's probably a problem."

"We came too late. I should have came earlier and operated on the kid. Jihoon had to do it all alone and now he's blaming himself that the kid hasn't woken up yet...there's a low survival rate."

From the glass window, I could see a little boy lying down with tubes attached on him.

I looked around and as if a cold water was poured over me, I just realized how bad the situation was. Everyone's begging for help. They all look so hopeless and in pain...