Ch. Nine

I nervously knocked on the front door and Ariana opened it. "Hey, Lindsay. What's up?"

"Um, is Adam here? We're supposed to study."

She smiled then winked at me. "Yeah, he's in his room."

I rolled my eyes as I passed her, coming into the house. "Gee, thanks."

"No problem. Oh, and keep the door shut. Alec doesn't need to see y'all 'studying'." She smirked at me.

"Ariana!" I squealed. "I mean it! We. Are. Studying."

She put her hands up in a surrender. "Alright. But, uh, where are your books, then?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

My face beat a bright red as I also realized I forgot my stuff at my house. "We'll just use his book." I muttered.

She laughed. "Have fun."

I didn't answer her as I hurried up the stairs towards Adam's room. When I got to his door, I knocked quietly and nervously waited for him to open it.

When his door swung open, I couldn't help but smile. "Hey."

"Hey." He said back, stepping aside so that I could get in. "Do you have your calc book?"

"No, I forgot it at home. I figured we could use yours, though." I squeaked.

He smiled sheepishly. "Well, I kinda left mine at school."

"Oh, well, I can go get mine, I guess." I muttered, awkwardly.

"Or, we could reschedule?" He said slowly.

"Okay." I squeaked in disappointment. "Then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Or we could just hang out? I-if you want to." He asked.

I smiled. "Yeah, sure."

He smiled, he was relieved. "Cool. What do you want to do?"

I chuckled. "I don't know. You're the one who asked me to stay."

Before he could answer, there was a knock on his door.

"Sorry." He whispered to me. "Come on in, little buddy."

The door slowly opened and the little boy, Alec, stood there timidly.

"What's up?" Adam asked him.

I just looked at him and watched him walk towards me and Adam. I thought he was going for Adam, but I was surprised when he grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the door.

I looked to Adam for an answer, he just smiled and nodded at me but I could tell that he was just as surprised as I was about Alec's behavior.

I sighed before disappearing out the door and following Alec into another room. I assumed it was his since it was decorated 100% in space stuff. A space comforter, glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Everything.

"Cool room." I said quietly.

He kept dragging me through the room towards a closed door. He stopped when we were standing in front of it. He turned and looked at me expectantly.

"Nothing's going to pop out at me, right?" I asked with a small smile.

He smiled and shook his head.

I sighed. "Good." I slowly opened the small door and gasped when it was a walk in closet. I walked in and saw that the only thing that was in the room was a huge model of the solar system.

"You made this all by yourself?" I asked, looking back at him.

He smiled proudly and nodded.

The walls were even black with small white dots, looking like distant stars. And one wall was bright yellow, representing the sun.