6. Eyes Open

6. Eyes Open

“Keep your feet ready, heartbeat steady, keep your eyes open.” –Taylor Swift

    So many things, so many things rushing through me right now. Bolts, fire, and the thoughts telling me what was wrong with me, why did I do this? I was kissing him, my fiancé, well my fake one, but point is I was kissing Harry Styles. Who the hell does that? What the hell was I expecting from him, to kiss back? Well he already did, but what about after that. What does this make us now?

   Nothing! Of course, it was just a drunken kiss and for all I know he probably won’t even remember this in the morning.

  I opened my eyes and looked at his face, his eyes were closed, his lips still pressed to mine, and his hands still roaming my body. He looked concentrated, and so, so hot. My eyes widened and I brought my hands to his chest in one quick motion before pushing him off. It was too much for me, I didn’t want to see his face; I didn’t want to talk or think about it. What would he say? Would he laugh at me for doing that? Will he want more from me? I didn’t stick around to find out.  

    The air hit me like ice when I got outside, I was halfway through putting my jacket on and I could feel unwanted tears in my eyes. I think this was just a part of the hangover, or maybe I’m so nervous that Harry will come after me that it affected my tear ducts. Nevertheless, I couldn’t let him find me, so to my great comfort, when I saw there was a taxi parked across the street, I didn’t take twice to run to it.

   I knew my mom would be mad at me for getting home late, but for all I knew she was asleep and probably thought I was still in bed. Somehow I knew if Harry cared about that stupid kiss that would be the first place he’d go look for me. So I took the latter and told the taxi to drop me off in my best friend’s Danny’s house. He was going to hate me for waking him up at three in the morning but I had nowhere else to go, and he was my best friend – right now I needed a lot of moral support.

  Danny lived alone in the East end of the town, directly across from where I lived. You could call his too comfy apartment a bachelor’s place but since he was gay he himself named it his bachelorette kingdom, where all the sad single ladies like himself hang out.

  I paid the taxi guy the only cash I had in me and grabbed all my belongings, I really hoped Amanda had obeyed to my threats and would deposit the one hundred thousand in my bank account. I didn’t know why I asked for so much, but the lust, the lust for that unhealthy substance made me want more and more. Of course, I wasn’t going to spend it all in drugs, I had a mother to take care off, but I knew at least ten thousand of it would go for my need supply.

  The light in the small hallway of Danny’s apartment flickered on and off a couple of times as I walked through it; I pulled my cardigan to cover me up more. I’m guessing the building is going through some renovations because this is never liked this. I stopped in front of Danny’s door and took out my phone, he never answered his doorbell, he claims it’s because he never hears it but I know he’s too lazy to stop watching House Wives of Orange County and standing up to take it, so I got used to calling him instead of ringing or knocking his door.

  It took a few rings, but what matters is that he answered.

 “I swear if you don’t have a good reason for waking me up this late I am going to strangle you.” He groaned through the phone, I know he meant the threat to sound like a threat but with the sleepiness coating his voice it was all slurs.

 I ran a hand through my hair, I must’ve still had alcohol in my body because I would’ve never told Danny about the Harry deal this soon, but I did, and the only thing I said that sent him running to open the door to me was, “I kissed Harry Styles.”