4. Square One

4. Square One

“You just want somebody listening to what you say…” - Coldplay

     When you do something for someone, favors per say, you expect them to thank you, right? You expect them to promise you to do something in return or at least be nice to you.  Well Harry did nothing of that; he didn’t thank me, he didn’t tell me he would make it up to me, heck he wasn’t even nice which was totally all I at least expected from him. The media really covers up how a person can be.

     All this time I thought the famous Harry Styles was a sweetheart as they described him – someone kind, caring, and most of all nice. But now that I’m spending time with him I realize how dead wrong everyone is. He was everything but that.  And with the constant physical changes his management is pulling me through my mood is hanging low.

   Apparently, now, I’m supposed to be ‘girly’ because famous pop god Harry Styles can’t be seen with a tomboy, and those weren’t even my words, those were a mixture of Harry’s and hers. Harry has seemed to be taken her side, at first, I thought they had a horrible relationship but I think it’s in Harry’s agenda to make me miserable.

  I shrugged out of my Walmart’s jacket and put it on the racket, I refused to leave my job until it became known who I really was, there was no reason for me to hide, and I wanted to enjoy more of my friends here before I completely disappeared. I was debating whether telling Danny or not about what was going on, after all, he was my best friend. He deserved to know.

“Leaving so early?” George called behind me; I nearly jumped at the sound of his voice. I spun around to face him, he had a sly smile on his lips and his hands were inside his pockets.

  I nodded, “yeah, I told Sara I was leaving early; she said it was fine since it’s my last da- um she said it was fine.” I hoped he didn’t catch that. I didn’t want them to know I was leaving today. That’s why I needed to tell Danny why I was leaving or he probably wouldn’t forgive me.

 George’s face was perplexed as he eyed me carefully, Sara was the major manager, and his boss even though he was my boss as well, so I went directly to her when telling her the news because I didn’t want anyone else to know. But thanks to my stupid big mouth George was getting on in it. “Today is your last day? What, why? Did you get fired? I can go talk to Sara right now she was probably on her monthly how could she d-“

  “She didn’t fire me.” I broke in before he could continue his rambling, he looked so worried. “I quit.”

  “Is there any reason why? Did I do something? Did any of the workers do anything to you?”

  “No… It was my decision, I-I…” I didn’t know how to reply, I had no excuse to quit my only job when everyone knew of my tight situation. I could tell he was starting to put all the pieces together.  

 “Does it have anything to do with that guy who dragged you out of Walmart the other day because of his psychotic fans? Because ever since then you’ve changed Andie...” He murmured, his eyes tried to find mine but I couldn’t do anything but look away.