Anniversaries, Expect The Unexpected (Kendall's POV)

{ G!P - Y/N }

Anniversaries. The date on which an event took place in a previous year. Celebrating one is always special; especially for us.

Today marks our three year anniversary of officially being together as a couple. She's my world, my everything. She's the reason I wake up in the morning and I can't imagine a life without her.

Holding the red velvet box in my hands, I drew a shaky breath. "C'mon, Kendall. Don't wimp out right now. She's the love of your life, just like you are hers. She'll say yes. She has to... right?"

Oh god. What if she doesn't say yes? What would I do then?

My insecurities quickly caught up to me as I started pacing around our small yet cozy apartment, habitually biting my nails as I awaited her return from the station. Any second now. She'll be walking through that door any second now.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into an hour as I nervously waited by the doorstep for my (hopefully) soon-to-be fiancée to come home from her work at the police department.

Where is she? Where is she?

I jumped in surprise as I heard my ringtone go off. Quickly scrambling to grab the cellular device, I caught myself smiling upon reading the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said, not able to contain my smile as I answered the phone.

"Hey baby," her voice husky as it came through the line. The sound of her voice managed to make shivers go down my spine. Only she could have this kind of effect on me. "I love you."

"I love you too, Y/N," I told her sincerely, not able to contain the butterflies that appeared in my stomach as she spoke those three words. "Babe? Why did you call? Are you coming home soon? You're coming home, right?" I asked, my nerves growing by the second and her hesitation to answer only made it worse.

"Yeah... yeah, of course! It's our anniversary, baby. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Don't worry, my love, I'll be with you soon. I'm just finishing some stuff off at the department really quickly. I just called to tell you that I love you no matter what, okay? Know that I love you so very much, princess," she gushed and I could practically feel her perfect smile forming on her perfect face. Oh god, how I'd love to kiss her right now.

"I love you too, Y/N. So much," I sighed as a lazy smile formed on my lips. "Okay, baby, I'll leave you to do your work now. I need you to come home to me as soon as possible, yeah?"

"No!" She exclaimed before subtly intaking a sharp breath. "I mean, no, baby. Stay with me and talk? I don't think I'll be able to concentrate without hearing your voice." She let out a breathless chuckle before coughing slightly. "So, tell me, princess, what have you been up to all day?"

"Hmm, not much really. I just finished off a photo shoot with Calvin Klein a couple hours ago. The photographer's assistant was so annoying baby, he wouldn't stop staring at me! No matter how many times I had told him that I was yours." I heard her growl possessively on the other end of the line and I giggled over her jealousy.

"Who is this man, Kenny? I just wanna talk to him real quick," she joked in a serious tone and I laughed again. "Kenny, baby, I'm serious! Why is he looking at my girl? You're mine, Jenner."

"I know, babe, I know. I'm all yours. I love you."

"I love you more, Kendall," she says breathlessly.

"Not possible, Y/N/N. I love you the most," I say as I feel myself relax into the leather sofa.

"No, I'm serious, baby girl. I love you so much. I love how your eyes crinkle at the sides when you smile, I love when you throw your head back when you laugh and how your eyes shut as you scrunch your cute nose. I love hearing your voice no matter what situation I'm in because just talking to you relaxes me and makes everything a thousand times better. I love how hard working and determined you are to get what you want because you're a strong, independent woman. You're my world, Kendall, never forget that," she confessed in a serious yet soft tone which never failed to make my heart race.