Stranger - Cara Delevingne (AU)

A/N: I know this is a Kenny Imagines book and most of the imagines will be with Kenny but I'll probably throw in a couple of other celebrity imagines here and there. Hope you enjoy this one :)

There was no empty space in the crowded coffee shop. I mean, it's less than 5 degrees outside. It's acceptable for people to take refuge in the best café in town.

You turn around, after grabbing your mocha, to see that every table was taken. Every seat, every stool, every couch, it was packed. A few tables were only seating one person but you didn't really feel like sitting with a random stranger at the same table just to enjoy your warm mocha. But you had no choice but to do it.

You look around the café to see someone that looks half decent to sit with. You're eyes scan over everyone. They all either look like a major creep or someone that hasn't showered in two weeks. You're really in the mood for coffee so you didn't really want to have to run to the bathroom to vomit after sitting with some smelly, greasy-looking person.

Your eyes landed on a cute girl in the corner with her phone in her hands. Her blonde locks hidden under a grey beanie as her eyes focused on whatever it was on the screen. You didn't want to move towards her yet your body did anyway. You had no control and suddenly you were standing right in front of her table.

"Hello," you say with a smile. Her striking blue eyes met yours.

"Um, h-hi."

"Would it be alright for me to sit here? The café is kind of full right now and there's not really a place for me to sit."

She briefly looks down at her phone before she nods, mumbling a quiet, "sure."

With a smile, you sit down in front of the pretty girl but she doesn't reciprocate the friendly gesture. You place your cup in front of you, taking little sips every now and again as you look through your phone, just like what she's doing. You try to concentrate but your eyes seem to disobey you and you find yourself stealing glances at the blonde girl. You scan over her facial features and as tired as she looks, she still manages to look beautiful.

"I'm Y/N, by the way," you blurt randomly and you instantly wish you didn't, judging by the frown on her face as she eyes you.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N," her sweet voice was accompanied by a thick British accent. You've always had a soft spot for the Brits. You wish she wasn't so shy so you could hear her accent all day.

"I'm Cara."

"Nice to meet you, Cara," she nods and goes back to her phone.

Awkward silence. You hate it.

Cara looks towards the big window, staring blankly as if she was lost in thought. Her slender fingers, covered in small tattoos, wrapped around her cup as she slowly brought it towards her pink lips. They looked soft. Very velvet like. Your eyes travel downwards and you notice the long sleeve that she was wearing.

The long sleeves from her sweater made her look even more cuddly yet at the same time, even more lost. You thought it was impossible to start crushing on someone you had just met yet here you were, crushing on the mysterious blonde with the nice accent. You don't even know anything about Cara but you are so so intrigued. Something about her was incredibly captivating. It made you want to know everything about her.

"I- um- I like your bracelets?" It came out as more of a question than a statement and you don't think you've ever wanted to slap yourself so hard before. One, what the fuck is going on with you? And two, what the fuck did you just say? 'I like your bracelets', yeah nice conversation starter.

"Uhm, thanks? I guess?"

"Yeah," you breathe out awkwardly.

"Where did you get them from?" You say and reach out to touch them, trying to get a better look at them but Cara pulls her arm away. You manage to pull at the bracelet, though. It was enough for you to see what she was hiding.

"I'm sorry," you wanted the world to swallow you up. What were you thinking? You don't even know her yet you act like you're all of a sudden best friends with the girl.

"I didn't want this— I mean I didn't even know you would— You know. I'm sorry for... you know, pulling on your arm... and revealing— I wasn't supposed to do that and, uh, I'm sorry, okay?"

"Hey, Y/N, calm down," she says your name so elegantly and you don't think you've ever heard it sound so beautiful.

"You're not the first to find out."

"Yeah but I guess I'm the first stranger to find out?"

"Well, there's a first time for everything," you're surprised at how calm Cara's voice sounded. Even though alarm bells must be ringing throughout her mind. You can see it in her eyes. Her blue eyes filled with panic and anxiety yet her voice still sounded as soothing as when she first spoke.

"Can I ask why?"

Can you ask why you're so fucking stupid?

God, what the fuck is wrong with you? You must be going mad to be asking all of these personal questions to a bloody stranger. As if she'd tell you, a complete stranger, why she self-harms.

"You know what? You should just ignore me. My mouth doesn't shut up sometimes and I like to blurt a lot of things so please don't mind me. I understand if you don't want to talk about that to a complete stranger."

"You talk a lot, Y/N." Cara says with a small half smile which warms your heart.

"Yeah, I tend to do that quite often," you breathe and rest your chin on your hand while you study her pretty face once again. You could honestly stare into her beautiful blue eyes all day. Blue eyes with a hint of green. You don't think you've ever seen prettier eyes before.

"It's not easy for me to talk about," Cara says after a moment of silence before looking towards the window once again.

"But, uh, it's not like everyone wants me to talk about it actually. They don't ask... you're actually the first, Y/N."

"Maybe they haven't seen them?"

"No, they've definitely seen them. They just... don't care."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Y/N. Please don't pity me. I had a choice a while back. I didn't have to hurt myself but I did and now, I guess I'm... I guess I'm just trapped like this. It's like I need to it but I don't know why anymore," she explains. You didn't think she'd open up that quickly.

"I mean, I had a choice if I want people to pity me or not. And a few years ago, I wanted them to pity me. I felt like it was the only way for people to actually care about me. And now I hate it. I hate those glances at my wrist from other people."

"Have you stopped?"

"I would if I could," she scoffs and leans back into her chair. However, you lean forward, placing your hand on top of hers, ignoring the feeling that it gave you. You stroke her soft skin with your thumb. She smiles.

"I know we don't know each other but if you want, you can come to me whenever you need help. I mean— I would really like to help you and I don't say that because I pity you. I say that because... well... you seem like an amazing person, Cara."

"Thanks," Cara says with her heartwarming smile. "Have I actually told you how pretty you are, Y/N? Because you are."

"Um, no but thanks," you say while feeling the familiar feeling of heat rushing to your cheeks. You turn your phone off and pocket it so you can focus on your conversation with the mysterious blonde. "Just remember my offer still stands," you joke and she laughs a little.

"I guess I'll take you up on your offer, pretty Y/N," Cara says and lets out another laugh. It's a laugh so beautiful that you wish she could laugh all day with you.

Requests are open!