Bookstore (AU)

You were currently arranging the books and vinyls onto their correct shelves and humming to the soft beat of the music while contemplating your life choices.

You worked at the local bookstore that's you'd been to many times before finally landing a job there. It wasn't that you didn't necessarily hate your job, it just got a little boring at times. The soothing music playing in the background always made you sleepy, wanting to take power naps throughout the day. However, when there's bad, there's good. The job offered many great perks, one of which included you getting to meet new people and also getting to know the regular customers.

One of these particular customers had always caught your attention. She was breathtakingly beautiful. Her wavy brown hair was always either done up into a messy bun or a high ponytail. Her chocolate coloured eyes reminded you of mountain terrain and nature, something subtle, but beautiful in every form and season.

She'd always come into the store with a pair of cute oversized glasses partially covering her pretty eyes as well as a new book in her hand. You'd always be mesmerised by her beauty, carefully watching her as she was too busy with her books to notice you. Although today was different as she was the first one to approach you this time.

"Excuse me," she said, diverting your attention away from the endless racks of vintage vinyls and into her warm eyes.

"Could you please help me find this book?" You reluctantly agreed and searched on the local computer to find the book code. It was easy to do and you wonder why she couldn't have done it herself. Once you found the book, you told her to follow you. You saw it on a particularly high shelf and reached for it. You gently handed her the small but thick book with a smile.

"Is that all you need?" You ask, trying not to get too lost into her eyes or doing your best as to not stare at her beauty.

"Well..." she started with a small voice. "Your name and a date would be nice."

If she spoke any quieter, you'd have missed it. But you were surprised, to say the least. She didn't seem like the confident type to straight-up ask someone out on a date, and you could tell by the blush rising onto her cheeks that she wasn't.

"Y/N Y/L/N," you say, a sudden surge of confidence radiating inside of you. "I get out in about 10 minutes."

"Cool, I'll wait for you over there," she says as she tries to walk over to the couches in the corner of the store, but you gently catch her wrist, causing her to spin around to face you.

"I never caught your name, beautiful," you whisper and she blushes before looking up at you with a small smile on her face.

"Kendall. Kendall Jenner," she winks before disappearing around the corner, you assume to take a seat on one of the couches in the store.

Maybe your job wasn't so bad after all.