I Promise

This is the day you've been waiting for. You're finally getting married the love of your life.

"You ready?" Your best man, Zayn, asks you while massaging your shoulders soothingly. You grin in excitement.

"I've been ready ever since I first laid eyes on her. I'm just nervous... what if she's not ready? Oh god, Zayn. What if she said yes out of pity?" You start to panic now. Oh god. Oh dear god, no.

"Hey, relax, buddy. She loves you more than anyone else in the world. I can assure you she didn't say yes out of pity, mate," you sigh in relief. He always knew how to calm you down.

"Thanks Zayn. I don't know what I'd do without you, bro."

"Hey, cut that shit out man. Don't make me emotional right now," you both laugh before Zayn's phone goes off. He shoots you a look and you nod before he answers it.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Gigi. You think to yourself. Kendall's maid of honour. You smile as you think about how you'll be officially married to the love of your life in less than an hour.

"Kendall, what?" Zayn's says and your eyes immediately snap up at the mention of your fiancé.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Gi. She'll be there in a sec, alright? I love you," he ends the call and your mouth immediately blurts all of the bad things that could've happened to Kendall before Zayn tells you to shut up.

"She's just having some pre-wedding nerves. She wants to see you," not wasting any time, you run out of your room and head towards Kendall's. You breathe heavily before knocking on it twice.

"Y/N?" Her sweet angelic voice fills your ears, making all of the butterflies in your belly erupt. She still manages to have that effect on you after 5 years of dating. And plus, you haven't seen her all day. You've missed her.

"Hey, Kenny. Are you alright?" The door creaks open just a little bit. Kendall wanted to keep the tradition of not seeing each other before the wedding and you agreed, even though you didn't think you could survive without having to see her face.

A hand, at the bottom of the door, pops out. Her shiny diamond engagement ring, glistening in the light. You smile before taking a seat on the floor, resting your back against the wall and intertwining your fingers with hers.

"I'm scared."

"Why are you scared, love? Do you not love me? Are you regretting this whole thing?" You ask nervously. God, you don't think you'd be able to hear her say that she didn't want you anymore right before your wedding.

"What the fuck?! No! God no, Y/N! How could you even say that? I love you so much, babe. I'm just... really nervous about this whole thing..." you let out a sigh of relief once she reassures you that she still loves you.

"Baby, you don't have to be nervous. I love you more than you love me. You're the love of my life and nothing's going to change that, alright? The only thing that's going to change is the fact that I get to call you my wife, instead of my girlfriend when I introduce you to people," she giggles at that and squeezes your hand gently. You suddenly remember the little surprise that you had planned for her.

"Baby?" You ask her softly.

"Yeah?"

"Can you do me a favour?"

"Anything, love."

"Take off your shoes and look at the bottom of them," you feel her let go of your hand. You immediately miss the warmth that it provided but that warmth came back when you heard her gasp in awe. You smile.