5 Year Old Crush (AU)

"Ken! I know you have my phone!" You yell out to your best friend as she runs through the massive field, holding your phone in one hand.

"How did you find out?!" She yells back, running faster than before, skilfully using her long legs to her advantage.

"I know everything, Jenner. Now c'mon! Give it back!" You yell as you increase your speed, only being a couple of metres behind her now.

"Gotta catch me first, Y/N/N!" She turns around briefly to make a face at you and you use that as an opportunity to run faster and softly tackle her to the ground. She squeals and giggles as you both roll down the grassy hill. You reach the bottom, panting as you try to catch your breaths.

You look into her eyes and she immediately blushes under your stare. A small blush also appears on your cheeks when you realise what position you're currently in. Her chest rises and falls underneath you at an uneven pace. Your arms, propped up by her head, your faces merely inches apart. You mentally gulp as she slyly licks her lips.

You and Kendall are very close family friends. The Jenner's are basically your second family. Your mothers were best friends in high school and stayed best friends throughout college. You've basically lived with the Jenner's throughout your whole life. They do live next door to you, after all.

Sure, you and Kylie were close friends too, but your connection with the younger sister was never as strong as yours and Kendall's. Both of your parents say it's fate. I mean, you were born on the same day and in the same room after all. Even though you share the same birthday, you're a couple of minutes older than Kendall so you don't hesitate to tease her about that at any chance you get.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't find your best friend attractive. In fact, to you she was more than attractive. She's beautiful not only on the inside but the outside too. It started out as a five year old crush. You remember it feeling really weird. You crushing on your best friend who's also a girl? Not possible. You remember in all of the princess movies, the princess would always ends up with the prince.

She was your princess but you weren't a prince.

Your feelings for Kendall grew as you both got older. Every year, it would get stronger and stronger, but you never bursted. You've never told anyone else how you feel about the brunette beauty. You started crushing on her personality while her looks were a bonus. A big big bonus. It's undeniable that everyone at school had or still has a crush on Kendall. I mean, one smile from her was all it took for you to swoon, causing you to fall deeper and deeper in love with the girl you had no chance with.

Ten years later and you're still in the hole of love that you've dug yourself into. It's not helping that you keep digging deeper into the hole each and every day that you spend with Kendall. The position you're in right now has all of the butterflies in your stomach going crazy, your heart pounds faster than the speed of light.

You graze your eyes over the gorgeous brunette, careful not to miss out a single detail of her face. Even though you've done this multiple times to the older Jenner sister, every time feels like the first. If someone were to ask you to draw a picture of Kendall, you'd be able to do it with your eyes closed, perfectly capturing every single imperfectly perfect detail of her face. And you're not even an artist.

But despite her good looks, she's only ever had one boyfriend. You remember that it broke your heart when you found out she started dating Julian from your class. It broke your heart even more to see her crying after he'd cheated on her, not once but twice. The next day he came to school with not one but two black eyes and a broken nose. Everyone thought that he'd just ran into a pole but in actual fact, you had pushed him into the pole and punched him square on the nose. No one but you knew this. Well, at least you thought they didn't. Although Kendall was mad at you at first, she thanked you with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. You can still sometimes feel her soft lips on your cheek, lingering a second longer than it should've.

"Y/N, can you get off of me?" Kendall says, snapping you out of your daze. You smirk at the girl.

"No way, Kenny. Not until you give me back my phone," she smirks back.

"Well it looks like we're going to have to stay like this forever, aren't we?" She asks playfully. You chuckle and nod your head playing along when in actual fact, you definitely wouldn't mind staying like this forever with the shorter brunette.

"Ken, you're 15 turning 16 yet you act like a bloody 5 year old so do us all a favour and give me back my phone," she rolls her pretty eyes at you, an amused smile playing on her perfect pink lips.

"Not a chance," she whispers huskily, not aware of the things that it does to your body. You slowly lean in, trying to see if she responds positively to your actions. She doesn't move away but she doesn't lean in either. Her breath hitches in her throat and you can feel her heart rate going at a mile a minute. Her eyes flutter shut as you get closer to her. You soon realise what was about to happen and you suddenly stop your actions, thinking about the consequences of what would've just happened if you didn't stop.

Your eyes suddenly land on the cellular device in her hand. You smirk as you realise her eyes were still shut. You snatch your phone out of her hand and sit up with a proud smile. Her eyes suddenly open and her jaw drops, a small blush making it's way onto her face.

"Not fair, Y/L/N," she says in a disapproving yet joke-like manner.

"Life is never fair, Jenner. And plus, this is my phone."

"I wasn't talking about the phone..." she says softly, nearly inaudible but you heard it. Her head tilts down towards the ground, avoiding any potential eye contact.

"Then what were you talking about, Kenny?" You ask, confusion laced in your voice. Her head shoots up, her usual bright brown eyes nowhere to be found. Instead they're replaced with a darker shade of brown. Before you could say anything else, she pulls your shirt closer to her and connects her lips with yours.

She stole your first kiss and you were sure that this was hers as well. She never mentioned anything about kissing Julian and your glad she didn't or else you may as well have died. You smile at the thought of you being her first kiss before kissing her back with a lot of passion. You pull away after a couple of moments, leaning your forehead against hers as you stare into the eyes that made you fall in love with her in the first place.

"God, I've been wanting to do that for like 5 years now. Literally. I can't believe you didn't notice that I've been so helplessly in love with you for 5 years," she says with a small giggle. "Did you know that?" You shake you head and smile over how adorable she is before pecking her lips.

"You should've said something sooner. I've been in love with you ever since we turned five years old," you say honestly while she blushes and hides her face in the crook of your neck.

"I love you," she mumbles into your neck before giving you another passionate kiss on the lips.

"And I love you, Kendall Jenner. So much."