Decisions (AU)

You're not okay. You're definitely not okay.
She was about to marry some stupid guy. Some stupidly nice, smart, handsome, rich guy. So yeah, you're not okay.

Sitting front row as you waited for the music to start made your hands sweat with anxiousness. You wanted to see her. No — you had to see her. So you got up. You got up and you ran.

Your eyes pierced into hers as you barged into her room. You pant, trying to catch your breath as if you'd just come from running a massive marathon. Her hands immediately dropped down to her dress as she smoothed out the invisible wrinkles in her wedding dress. She looked absolutely breathtaking. You swore you've never seen a more beautiful sight in your life. Her cheeks flushed a dark shade of red as your eyes wandered up and down her body, admiring every single inch of her.

"You shouldn't be in here, Y/N," she said, authority in her voice but you didn't care.

"No, Kendall. You shouldn't be here."

"This is a special day for me, Y/N. It's my wedding day, and he's waiting patiently for me right outside. I should be here," she breaks eye contact to look at the painting directly behind you. "And you should be out there, taking your seat in front row. You should be enjoying the day and be happy for me, Y/N," you scoff.

"Enjoy the day? Be happy for you? You want me to enjoy the bloody fucking day when I have to watch the girl I love marry someone else? And I get the perfect view from the front row seat? It's like you're trying to kill me on purpose, Kendall."

"He's waiting for me, I have to go," she says quietly but doesn't move a muscle.

"And I've been waiting for you the second I first laid my eyes on you, Kendall! You shouldn't be here," you say confidently. "And I won't be sitting there, watching the love of my life get married to some rich, spoiled, daddy's boy."

"I love him!" She spits angrily, defending him as well as herself. "And you are supposed to be my best friend! You need to sit there, watching me with a smile on your face. I need you there and I need to tell you to tell me that I'm doing the right thing."

"Well I'm telling you right now that you're doing the wrong thing. You're making a huge mistake if your doing this for your family's sake."

"Then what do you think is the right thing, huh?" She fires back. "Tell me, what is the right thing?"

"Being with me, Kendall. That's the right thing. Live a life with me. Grow old with me, love. We can run away, Kenny. Please, just once, do something for yourself. Do what makes you happy. You don't even love him."

"I do love him!" She fires back quickly, as if she was trying to persuade you as well as herself.

"Really? I find that hard to believe. Do you really love his touch as much as you love mine? Do you love his kisses as much as you love ours? Do you love the words he whispers in your ear as much as you love my words?" You ask, walking closer to whisper all of this in the brunette's ear, "Do you even have this connection with him, Kenny? Do you remember all of the things that we shouldn't have done while you were supposed to be with him..."

"Y/N, stop please," she says, her voice trembling. "You're right, we shouldn't have done those things. It was wrong of us, it was wrong of me. It shouldn't have happened, I wasn't thinking straight," you were fuming with anger yet all you wanted to do was cry.

"Then why do keep letting me touch you? And kiss you? Why do you keep running back to me?" You whisper in her ear, seeing the small goosebumps appear on her skin. Your lips are touching the skin just underneath her ear. You can feel her heart racing against her chest.