New Neighbour (AU)

"Honey! Get ready! The Jenner's are coming over for dinner!" Your mother shouts from the bottom of the staircase. She's excited. You've heard that same tone of voice all day. Well, you'd be excited too if you were finally seeing your high school best friend after almost 16 years. Not to mention, they're also moving next door to your family.

You groaned in annoyance but stayed in your bed for a little while longer, shutting your eyes as you listened the calm sounds of Matty Healy's voice playing through the speakers in your room. You lost track of time and soon enough, the doorbell had rung, indicating that they were here. Your eyes shot up and you quickly sprinted to your bathroom at the end of the hall, just after you grabbed the first clothes you could find.

Showering had never been so quick for you. You're amazed, it could've easily been a new record. After making sure your hair looked presentable enough and that you smelled alright, you proceeded to get dressed. You sighed in frustration as you realised that you didn't get a shirt and a proper pair of jeans, leaving you in a pair of pajama pants and your grey Calvin Klein sports bra that you were wearing earlier.

You exit the bathroom and walked towards your room to see an unfamiliar brunette about to walk into your private space. You clear your throat. She turns around and you feel like all of the air had been knocked out of your lungs. Her brown eyes subtly roamed all over your body, landing on your toned abs for a split second longer. You were aware that she was staring but you didn't mind. You enjoyed the pretty girl's attention and to be honest, you were shamelessly checking her out too.

Her brown hair cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall. So effortless and natural yet so incredibly beautiful. Her pink lips, slightly parted as she gazed over your body. A slight tinge of red appeared on her face as you make eye contact. You smirk playfully.

"Excuse me, but uh, what are you doing?" You say in the nicest way possible.

"S-Sorry, I was just, uh- never mind. Are you Y/N?" She breaks eye contact to look at your face. Everywhere on your face apart from your eyes. She seems shy, really shy. You admit that it looks cute on her. Shy girls have always made you weak.

"Why? Who's asking?" You tease her, liking the way her blush forms on her cheeks as you speak to her.

"Y-Your, uh, your mum wanted me to tell you that dinner w-will be ready soon," she says briefly before turning around to walk downstairs. You gently grab her wrist, spinning her around and looking back into her warm brown eyes.

"I never caught your name," she blushes but a small smirk plays on her lips.

"You'll find out soon," you raise your eyebrows at the pretty girl. "Oh, nice pajamas, by the way. Pink looks good on you," your taken aback by her sudden confidence and she seems to be as well. However, she covers it up by giggling as she walks down the staircase.

You shake your head, amused yet intrigued by the girl that clouded all of your thoughts as you changed out of your ridiculous outfit.

***

"Oh! And this is my oldest daughter, Y/N!" Your mother says excitedly as soon as you walk down the stairs. You smile politely as you walk over to the kitchen where your mother and another woman stands.

"Y/N, it's lovely to see you again. I'm Kris, if you don't remember," she chuckles as you smile slightly. "My god, you've grown up so nicely. I remember when you were this little," she says while lowering her hand to the ground. You chuckle and nod gratefully.

"Please, Kris, the pleasure is all mine. This whole week I've heard nothing but good things about you from my mum," they both laugh at your joke before you and Kris walk into the lounge.