Later Skater (AU)

"I'll see you later mum!" You yell out and before you could even get a response, your skateboard was in your hands and you were already halfway down the driveway.

Plugging one headphone into your left ear as you rode down the busy streets of Los Angeles. You were in senior year yet you still didn't have a car. Not like you were complaining or anything. In fact, even if you had a car, you'd probably still ride your skateboard to and from school anyway so there was no point. You love the feeling of the fresh air and warm breeze hitting your face as you zoomed down a hill or inhaling the wonderful scents of nature. It was refreshing, relaxing even. It was your little escape from the world, even if it was only for a little while.

It was different today though. The roads were busy with cars travelling up and down while the sidewalks were filled with civilians on their way to work or school. It was days like this when you kind of wish you had a car instead of trying to weave in, out and between people.

You'd given up on the taxing task of dodging pedestrians as you kicked your skateboard up and caught it, deciding that you'd walk the rest of the way to school. It wasn't very far and you wanted the extra exercise anyway.

You were too focused on the lyrics of a song from R.LUM.R's album to realise that the sidewalk was empty. You hadn't even realised that you could've put your skateboard down and sped up the time it took for you to arrive at school.

"What's the point in bringing a skateboard if you're not even going to ride it?" A sweet voice called out to you. You raised your head and nearly dropped your board from how gorgeous the girl in front of you was. Blatantly checking her out, you realised she had a school cheer uniform on; the same cheer uniform that your school has.

You wondered to yourself why you hadn't noticed her before; surely you would have at least seen her around school before, but why hadn't you? Even walking this road. You'd been travelling the same way to school every day since freshman year. Had you been that oblivious to your surroundings that you didn't even realise that there was a girl as beautiful as she walking the same streets?

Instead of replying to the pretty girl, you smiled at her and placed the board on the ground, getting on it and pushing off, only to jump and do a 360 flip with your board. As soon as you'd landed the trick, you flicked your board back up to your hands and continued walking just as you had been doing before. You wanted to look back at the girl, just in case you'd never see her again, but somehow, you knew that you would.

***

You were cruising down the street, exactly like yesterday except now you were actually using your board instead of walking. You'd come across the familiar street and saw a familiar head of brown hair going in the same direction as you. You smiled as you realised you'd see her again. Slowing down once you got near her, you called out.

"Happy now?" You smirked slightly at the brunette and she laughed, the skin by her warm brown eyes crinkling ever so slightly which only made her even cuter. Her laugh made everything inside of your body heat up and you felt like you'd do anything just to hear her laugh again. She nodded in response and you winked at her before continuing on your way.

"Later skater!" She yelled out after you and you laughed out loud as you drifted around the corner. On your way to school, instead of being distracted by some silly song lyrics, your head was filled with thoughts of her and her eyes. You'd previously thought that brown eyes were dull and boring but somehow, her eyes suddenly became your favourite colour and you couldn't wait to hopefully see her again tomorrow.

It was weird though. You didn't even know her name, just as she probably didn't know yours either but much to your dismay, you were infatuated with the thought of seeing her next, or to put it simply, the thought of her in general.