Mini Chapter (Prologue For Sequel)

I also love A Fever You Can't Sweat Out era.

Ye bby.

Enjoy!! This is also an prologue for the sequel (yes I said sequel)!!!

The woman's relaxed footsteps paced across the sidewalk before she opened the door to a familiar cafe, a small girl's head peeking through simultaneously as she held the woman's hand.

The woman's eyes darted across the cafe as the smell of coffee beans hit her, and she smiled and let it all sink in. The young girl that held her hand immediately let go and darted toward the pastries and cakes, her brown pig tails bobbing up and down as she ran.

"Mommy, Mommy! Look! Can I have one?"

"You can when we find K, alright?"

The young girl looked around. "Where is auntie K, Mommy? And where is Daddy?"

"Daddy will be here soon," the woman walked toward her child and took her hand again, leading her through the cafe. "K is here right now. We just have to find her."

"And finding auntie K means cake!"

"That's right!"

The young girl darted away again, looking from table to table to find the woman called K as her mother ran after her again.

"Lanie, don't run away from me like that!"

"Mommy, Mommy, I found auntie K!" The young girl, Lanie, ran into the arms of a light brown haired woman who sported an engagement ring. Beside the brown haired woman was a blond male who was previously holding her hand.

"Mommy can I get cake now?"

Lanie's mother laughed. "Yes, you can."

The brunette with the ring stood up with Lanie in her arms, carrying her to the ordering station. "I'll take her to get something," she called to Lanie's mother, and then began to discuss cake flavors with the young girl.

"So," Lanie's mother sat down, "you both are engaged now. How exciting!"

"Definitely," the blond male answered, "and she wants a Winter wedding because it's the season of death or something." He laughed.

"That's so typical of her," Lanie's mother laughed with him, but her laughter was cut short by someone putting two hands on her shoulders and yelling, "Boo!"

She immediately screamed, drawing the attention of several people around them. She let out an apology before turning to the man who scared her just as he was sitting down next to her. "What the fuck?" She whispered.

"Hey," he placed his finger over her lips, "we don't say things like that."

Lanie's mother smiled at him. "I hate when you scare me and you know it."

"Mm, too bad."

The blond man laughed at the two and shook his head. "Wow, for a married couple with a child you two are still both very lively."

Lanie's mother raised an eyebrow. "Are you suggesting I'm old? I'd just like to remind you that I'm still younger than you by at least 2 years, mister."

Before the blond could respond, Lanie came running over with her cake in hand. "Mommy, Daddy! I got chocolate!"

"Don't let it drop, Lanie," her mother said, walking over to take the cake and place it on the table.

The woman with the ring known as K walked over panting, "I have no idea how you guys deal with that child everyday. I love her to death but she's a handful."

Lanie's parents laughed, and her father picked her up and set her next to him to let her eat.

"I've learned to adapt," her mother said.

Not long after, and when Lanie was almost finished with her cake, a woman with dark brown hair tied in a pony tail and glasses walked over. She seemed to be the manager of the cafe. Lanie's mother and the blond man smiled broadly.

The woman with the glasses could only say, "It's great to have all of you back after so long, and you even brought a new little one with you." She turned to Lanie's parents. "Congrats."

"Thank you," they both said in unison, and Lanie's mother stood up to give the spectacled woman a hug.

"This is one visit after such a long time," Lanie's mother said, "but we'll be back soon."

WOOT!!

The sequel will either be released next week or the week after that.

Also please read my new story called Sweetheart! It's also a Brendon Urie x Reader!

Thank you for reading, please vote! :)